Miralux vs Stearns & Foster
May 12, 2009 1:26 AM
I am in the process of buying a new Queen size mattress. I am currently looking at:

Stearns & Foster Chestnut Street Plush Mattress (Mattress Discounters $1100)
Miralux Indulgence Collection Splendor Plush Mattress (Sleepys $1100)

While both of these mattresses feel really comfortable I am not sure which of the two is the better buy. I have been reading some bad reviews about the Miralux.

Any complaints/graces or recommendations???

Thanks,
J
Re: Miralux vs Stearns & Foster
Reply #1 May 13, 2009 1:27 PM
I don't know anything about Miralux, but S and F is owned by Sealy, and they put lots of CHEAP P/U foam in their mattresses which wears out quickly.  Then you are left with holes where your heavier parts are, or a ridge in the center of the bed where you don't sleep.  I bought an $1800 mattress/box spring by S&F which developed a "butt-dent"  in just a couple of months, making a semi-comfortable bed(I purchased one that had as little foam in it as possible..it was pretty firm)horribly uncomfortable.  I slept on it at all angles, trying to save my back from aching...sideways, center, diagonal...finally was sleeping on just the outside perimeter of the bed where the extra firm foam is located for edge support.  It sucked.  They sent out an inspector when I called about this being a warranty issue, who turned out to be a complete dufus, and although seemed somewhat empathetic to my issue, in her report(which you get later by mail) said that I had "improper support under the bed which caused my issue and therefore my warranty was void".  I was completely incensed by this lie(I have five legs under the bed, exactly what is called for in their own literature...plus their boxsprings came to me warped) called the company and wrote to them, and was ignored.  I would never do business with them again and I encourage others to take heed. 
BTW, I am 5"6" and weigh 123# and have never been any heavier than this in my life.
If you buy from a company that sells branded beds, you can expect a similar situation.  They are filled with inexpensive P/U foam, which breaks down, and you are left with body impressions and no recourse other than to cut open your mattress and do surgery, or buy a new one.  I can tell you that the amount of money I've spent on mattresses in the last ten years could have purcased a nice car.  Please do your homework carefully and with a lot of thought or you could be throwing good money away.
I eventually went to a private, small bed manufacturer who made me a bed to my specs.  I stupidly got some P/U foam in it, which will have to be replaced, but at least I can go back to where I got it and they will fix it.  You don't get that with the big bed makers.  I know this company makes good beds because I've purcased others from them in the past that are still doing well, including one that my sister has that is the best thing she's ever slept on.
Kait
Re: Miralux vs Stearns & Foster
Reply #2 Mar 21, 2011 7:59 PM
I own a miralux maestro cushion firm pillow top and would not trade it for the world. I had back problems for over 2 decades and this is the first mattress that help me solve my terrible sleeping problems. Would recommend a miralux mattress to anyone looking for a good nights rest. Mack

Recent Posts