Memory Foam mattress questions
Jun 28, 2010 9:32 PM
Hi. I'm new here. I'm trying to decide between several beds. First choice (Flobed) is way out of my price range so I can't even consider it.

Other choices after trying them in the store are either a Tempur-pedic or the Serta Vera Wang Serene Sophistication Euro Top. It's also known as the Serene Splendor and other names (names vary for the same bed).

The Serta felt better than the TP in the store, but I haven't been able to find many reviews about how it feels after sleeping on it for several weeks/months/years. The Serta is all memory foam. I tried a couple of their latex beds, but didn't find them to be very comfortable. Their MF bed is 3" Kool Comfort MF (5 lb) bonded to 10" high densiity 5 lb foam core. What I have not been able to find out is what kind of foundation it has. The salesman at the store was not very helpful.

I'm also considering a 12" bed from lastingimpressions.com. It has 3" of open cell MF on a 9" orthopedic polyurethane foam support layer. Much less expensive than the others, but no way to try it out in a store first.

Another one to consider would be Wal-mart's Spa Sensations, but I'm hearing conflicting things about it too. Some say it's very firm, some say it's very soft.

The Tempur-pedics are a bit confusing to me as well, because I can't figure out which bed would be best for my problems.

I'm a side-sleeper with bursitis in my shoulders and hip problems. I also wake up with a sore neck on my Serta innerspring mattress, which was top of the line when I bought it. I called TP and they told me I should get the Deluxe, Rhapsody or Celebrity. They said the Rhapsody is softer than the Deluxe, but when I tried them in the store, the Rhapsody felt firmer than the Deluxe. I fell in love with the Cloud Supreme, but TP told me that would not be a good choice for my problems.

Anyone have any opinions on any of the mattresses I've mentioned, especially the Serta, or any recommendations? I'm totally new to MF beds. All I know about them is that my dog has one and I often find myself sleeping on his bed because it's so comfy. laugh

This message was modified Jun 28, 2010 by tnpd

Recent Posts