Los Angeles mattress set buying!! 100% Latex issues
Jun 5, 2010 7:57 PM
Hello all,

I'm in the san fernando valley (in los angeles). We went bed shopping all day with much confusion afterwards with high prices and some snotty sales people who don't know that much.

We found a bunch of "S" Latex beds

Serta Juniper Hill for $2800

Serta Vera Wang Beyond Allue $2350 (shipping incld)

Miralux elite green $2600-2700

I went on here to find out most of these aren't the real latex that should be sought after. Or the brand is completely unrelibable  (miralux)? Initially we started at Sears and liked the Sears-o-pedic "white linen" for about $1300 interspring and foam topper. But I can't even find one review on that. I also searched the The W heavenly bed with mixed reviews...sagging and you can't try it out anywhere.

Is it supposed to be this hard to find a good bed? When do you just give up and go with something?

None of the bed forums have anything seperated by type of bed so it's all intermixed with all they avilable product lines and whatnot making the process even harder. PLEASE HELP!

To addon to the mess I have back problems from the military, so 1/2 of the mattress I try out I get a tingle down my spine.

This message was modified May 25, 2011 by a moderator
Re: Los Angeles mattress set buying!! 100% Latex issues
Reply #3 Jun 6, 2010 4:46 AM
It may not be too far for you to drive to a Custom Comfort showroom (google it) to try out an all latex bed.  They have several models.
Reply #4 Jun 6, 2010 2:11 PM
There are a couple within my vicinity. It seems very nice but I can tell they are pretty expensive (with a "luxury" store in beverly hills). But, I see that I can try out a full 100% latex.
Reply #5 Jun 6, 2010 9:56 PM
I think I'm settled of the Vera Wang Beyond Allure. I keep getting them to knock down the price on a King size they're currently at $2300. I'm going to go for 2,200 - 2,100. (Tax, bed set, shipping incld., frame)

What kind of bed frames do you guys recommend? They have a whole bed with headboard, when I looked underneath it has only like 3 or 4 wood planks and a vertical support in the middle. I thought the whole bottom of the bed should  have a more sturdy support system than those dinky wood planks. I don't want it to fall apart or make noise when doing bedroom things.

This message was modified Jun 6, 2010 by calisoldier83
Reply #6 Jun 6, 2010 11:31 PM
calisoldier83 wrote:

I think I'm settled of the Vera Wang Beyond Allure. I keep getting them to knock down the price on a King size they're currently at $2300. I'm going to go for 2,200 - 2,100. (Tax, bed set, shipping incld.)

What kind of bed frames do you guys recommend? They have a whole bed with headboard, when I looked underneath it has only like 3 or 4 wood planks and a vertical support in the middle. I thought the whole bottom of the bed should  have a more sturdy support system than those dinky wood planks. I don't want it to fall apart or make noise when doing bedroom things.

Just to clarify, are you getting both the mattress and box springs for that price?

This message was modified Jun 6, 2010 by pianoman
Reply #7 Jun 6, 2010 11:34 PM
Yes, the set including the box spring.
Reply #8 Jun 6, 2010 11:36 PM
calisoldier83 wrote:

Yes, the set including the box spring.

Wow!

Reply #9 Jun 6, 2010 11:48 PM
calisoldier83 wrote:

I think I'm settled of the Vera Wang Beyond Allure. I keep getting them to knock down the price on a King size they're currently at $2300. I'm going to go for 2,200 - 2,100. (Tax, bed set, shipping incld.)

I bought (but haven't unboxed and set up yet) this King platform bed from Wal-Mart (made by Boyd Specialty Sleep) to use with my DIY mattress I'm building. But at 14" high, it would probably make your bed too tall since you are getting both the mattress and the box springs. Actually you could go with low-profile box springs or you could just skip the frame and put the mattress on the platform. One of those two options may work height-wise.

I'll be assembling mine tomorrow, and should be able to give you a decent report on it by the end of the week.

Reply #10 Jun 7, 2010 2:22 AM
I'm looking into platform foundations (large plywood) now and ditching the box spring because I like that style.

By platform I mean the following:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Veneto-Spice-King-size-Platform-Bed/1771351/product.html

This message was modified Jun 7, 2010 by calisoldier83
Reply #11 Jun 7, 2010 10:37 PM
Very nice looking!
Reply #12 Jun 25, 2010 3:18 PM
The Beyond Allure also known as the "Latex Plush" line of the vera wang. If your at a store it's the top of the line before you hit the euro tops (i can't stand those).

I checked the law tag it actually has "17% polyurethane foam". I'm disapointed but I sleep like a baby now and no back problems from sleeping.

Here is a picture of one they called "beyond joy" its the same exact thing as the the beyond allure.

http://www.themattressjoint.com/Vera-Wang-Beyond-Joy-Latex-Plush_p_195.html

This message was modified Jun 25, 2010 by calisoldier83

Recent Posts