Looking for a good latex pillow, recommendations?
Sep 22, 2012 3:51 PM
Hi, searched the forum but couldn't find any threads on pillows.  I am looking for recommendations on a good latex pillow.

I currently own a memory foam pillow from Isoform http://www.isoform.com/viscopurepillow-p-32.html

I love it but my girlfriend finds it too hot, so thought about trying a latex one.

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Looking for a good latex pillow, recommendations?
Reply #1 Sep 22, 2012 4:34 PM
The problem with a pillow recommendation is that the thickness of the pillow makes such a huge difference and is a very individual preference. If you have a mall close by that has a Brookstone store, they carry some of the more exotic latex pillows. Flobeds makes pillows with shredded latex so you can adjust the thickness to get exactly what you want. I have not found a latex pillow that I prefer over a down pillow.
Reply #2 Sep 22, 2012 9:38 PM
alterculture wrote:

Hi, searched the forum but couldn't find any threads on pillows.  I am looking for recommendations on a good latex pillow.

I currently own a memory foam pillow from Isoform http://www.isoform.com/viscopurepillow-p-32.html

I love it but my girlfriend finds it too hot, so thought about trying a latex one.

Thanks!

Chris

I suggest that the only good Latex pillow is a shredded Latex pillow.  A whole Latex pillow might serve one person in one position for a short time, but it is not versatile enough for continued use.

I recently shredded some Latex pillows to popcorn size fill and then fine tuned the pillows by removing or adding fill until satisfied.  Now they are great pillows... Latex action/recovery, adjustable for various sleep positons, and very well ventilated.

Shredded memory foam would proably be a lot cooler, but it might be a lot more difficult to pinch apart memory foam.  LI Talalay 100% Natural Latex was easy to shred... just took an hour or so sitting in front of the TV.

Find the cheapest LI Talalay 100% Natural (or Blended) Latex pillow and shred it by hand it necessary.

GK

Reply #3 Sep 23, 2012 7:16 AM
I agree with those above except I've haven't found a down or other pillow that have worked for me.   I've had Tempurpedic Symphony and whole latex pillows, but recently bought 2 shredded adjustable latex pillows from Flobeds.  Their web site says that they are only $49 each now.  The Tempurpedic is too hot and just didn't work out.   The regular latex were LI brand but were a little too soft and bouncy.  (I originally bought some latex pillow on line from Mauloff (spelling may not be correct), and those were made in China and never lost their "bad" smell so I wouldn't recommend those either).  These adjustable ones are working better since you can easily remove some of the latex to fit your needs.  They are very full when they come to you and they feel more like a good "regular" pillow but can be changed depending on your needs.
This message was modified Sep 23, 2012 by Sall

Recent Posts