King Bed in Hampton Inn
May 4, 2008 10:17 PM
We have been suffering with a 3 year old Serta Reflexion King latex bed (the Huntington Beach) that has lost its support, has terrible body impressions, and both I and my wife wake up sore in the mornings.

So, we drive to my son's college graduation and twice stayed in a Hampton Inn. The King mattress in our room was wonderful - extremely comfortable, supportive, we both had the best sleep we've had in years.

Does anyone know anything about it? It appears to be made by Serta (shudder) - they sell it online:

http://www.hamptonhomecollection.com/productGroup.aspx?sessionID=d0cb5954-1dfa-4d0b-bd3d-68c6eedea92f&category1=Mattress&category1Name=Mattress&categoryLevel=0&itemID=HAM-124

We both would love to have this bed to climb in to every night, but after the last couple of mattress purchases, one a Sealy King (high end standard coil type) that felt wonderful for the first six months then developed big hammocks of body impressions ($1200) then after studying and going to latex to avoid the body impressions and loss of support only to have it develop into a torture device after about a year (about $1200 - and I know now that the top layer was crappy PU but did not know then, ugh) we're gun shy. We've also looked at the Flobed latex king, but are also a little shy of a mail order bed.

Does anyone know anything about this bed they have in the Hampton Inn? If only you could just buy a bed that you've slept on and know it would feel like it does now for the next 10 years!

(Oh - one other question, looking at the Flobeds site - what is the difference between a "dual king" and an "E King?"

Thanks!

Jeff
Re: King Bed in Hampton Inn
Reply #1 May 14, 2008 3:39 PM
I agree with you--that bed is awesome. All I had to do was ask the manager and he gave me the website address for the bed. It is jamisonbedding.com.

Good Luck.

Recent Posts