Jamison Diplomat
Sep 16, 2010 10:54 AM
I have a Jamison Diplomat Queen size that was bought in June this year and I have been happy with it but my wife is not. She has serious back problems and cannot sleep on it. The store had a no return policy that I was well aware of but I never thought I would have a problem with it. It is the Talalay latex which I thought was one of the best latex for a matress. I do not know what to do now. Anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Jamison Diplomat
Reply #1 Sep 16, 2010 11:29 AM
You probably should check with the store on their return policy.

So, is her back problem only with this mattress and she is okay on others you have used?   Does she think it is too soft - sinking in too much (often the cause, but not always)?

Do you know if the mattress can be unzipped and the layers rearranged?  If not, you might even try flipping it over to see if it is firmer on the other side.

A firmer 1" piece of latex on top might reduce the sinking in.  Also, I have found a 1.5" wool topper that I have (bought on walmart.com) seems to make my mattress a bit firmer - less sinking in feeling.  Even a thick mattress pad can have the same effect if pulled tight.

However, it is difficult to make a too soft mattress firmer.   Easier to go the other direction.

Recent Posts