How about this mattress
Jul 16, 2013 3:27 AM

Want to buy a mattress, but don't know how to choose,  who know, Can give me some advice?.

Thank you in advance.

How about this mattress ?  picture from: melodyhome

This message was modified Jul 17, 2013 by a moderator
Re: How about this mattress
Reply #1 Jul 24, 2013 9:45 PM
Smoonly, a picture doesn't help much. You also need to be more specific about what kind of mattress you are looking for and if you have any sleep "issues" like bad back, or anything.

Many people here recommend latex and I am one of those.

There is a mattress I am looking at at plushbeds.com called the Botanical Bliss. It is pure latex with cotton and wool and has a 100 day sleep trial. I am not promoting the company nor have I ever ordered from them but I know a lot about latex mattresses and from what I can read on their site it looks like a winner. Flobeds is another recommended company with a great exchange policy to help you get it adjusted best for your firmness.

Those are my recommendations without any specific info from you.

I find memory foam to be useless - it wears out relatively quickly and sleeps hot and does not really provide good support in my opinion.

The popular S brand beds (Sealy, Simmons etc) are made with cheap foam for the most part although Simmons is made better than the rest in my opinion if you get up into their better models (more springs, better foam, sometimes some synthetic latex). (By the way, I used to bad-mouth Simmons but after looking at them closely recently I am impressed with their quality. But in general I think your best bet is pure latex, pure natural latex to be specific - natural talalay and natural Dunlop-processed latex.)

Recent Posts