Help with Tempurpedic
Aug 31, 2010 11:48 AM
Hello,

I have had a Tempurpedic celebrity bed for a couple of years and I love it.  I went through several other mattresses over the years including a no name memory foam one and they all caused me back pain with the exception of this tempurpedic.

The PROBLEM is my wife is not liking it at all and it is starting to cause her back pain.  When we bought the mattress the focus was on my comfort because she was always someone that could sleep on any mattress, but that is no longer the case.   I think the bottom line is that she is not a fan of the memory foam.

Is there a type of mattress topper that I can get for her side of the bed that will diminish the effects of the memory foam and/or make the mattress more firm?  We have a King so I would be looking to get an XL twin topper that I would just secure to her side of the bed using those straps they sell to keep your sheets in place.

Any ideas or helpful hints would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This message was modified Aug 31, 2010 by bled01
Re: Help with Tempurpedic
Reply #1 Aug 31, 2010 12:05 PM
Hi, are you using any mattress cover/protector/pad on the Tempurpedic mattress?

Thanks.

This message was modified Aug 31, 2010 by roy1
Reply #2 Aug 31, 2010 12:23 PM
roy1 wrote:

Hi, are you using any mattress cover/protector/pad on the Tempurpedic mattress?

Thanks.

Right now we have a paper thin one on that Sleepy's gave us for free with the bed.  Early on we tried it both with that on and off the mattressand I could not tell much of a difference so I left it on to protect the mattress.

Reply #3 Aug 31, 2010 12:30 PM
Is it a mattress protector? what is the brand name?

who is sleepy's?

This message was modified Aug 31, 2010 by roy1
Reply #4 Aug 31, 2010 3:31 PM
roy1 wrote:

Is it a mattress protector? what is the brand name?

who is sleepy's?

Yes, I believe it is a protector.  Not sure of the brand name but I can check when I am home later today.

Sleepy's is a mattress store.

Reply #5 Aug 31, 2010 5:01 PM
I'm just going to hazzard a guess here that she's more curvy than you, and her back hurts because her heavier parts are sinking in too much.  I can't get comfy on memory foam either.  I'd guess a latex mattress topper to offset the sinkiness of the memory foam and give her some support and rebound.  Not sure what firmness or thickness.  Maybe 2" medium.

Kait

Recent Posts