Hastens, Carpe Diem, Vi Spring... entry models --- Request for advice
Jun 16, 2011 7:10 PM
Hello,

I've just moved to Denmark and I'm shopping for a new bed for my unfurnished apartment.

I'm quite constrained by my budget. I'll be staying in the country at least for 4 years, but I might move abroad again afterwards. Hence I don't want to buy a really expensive bed, since I might not be able to carry it with me due to the costs associated.

Within my budget range (~2500 € = ~3500 $), I'm able to get for example a Hastens Marquis II 140x200 or other entry models of any high-end brand (Dux, Carpe Diem, etc). I have yet to check the prices of Vi Spring, Savoir, Hypnos or Reylon, but I assume that at least Vi Spring and Reylon will be affordable.

I have two questions:

1. Are any of the entry models of this brands particularly good or bad? Can you recommend any?

They don't seem to get much attention compared to the more expensive ones. For instance, the Marquis has significantly shorter springs than the rest of the lineup.

2. Should I aim for a smaller bed (90-120x200, I'm sleeping alone) to be able to buy a better model within my budget?

Thanks in advance!

This message was modified Jun 17, 2011 by nextstep

Recent Posts