Has anyone purchased Costco Sleep Science all Latex bed? How is it performing? Any wells?
May 25, 2014 1:22 PM
Hi

In another thread, I reported on the disappointing performance of the Costco Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Pacifica (the most expensive choice).  We bought in mid 2009 and it started getting wells after two or three years.  Now the wells are very deep.  It lists a small layer of "comfort foam" on the top over soy foam and latex foam. 

So I'm wondering about the performance of the Costco Sleep Science Latex bed because it seems to have "ONLY" latex in it according to the specifications.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone purchased Costco Sleep Science all Latex bed? How is it performing? Any wells?
Reply #1 May 26, 2014 2:22 PM
You are most likely to run into the same problem as the Spring Air.  Costco beds just aren't made well.  They buy them cheaply made, then sell them cheap.  That's just the way it is.  

I bought a cheaply made watch from Costco that I thought was the same as some jewelry stores.  One look from a jewler when I needed my battery changed told me different.  Lesson learned.  Cheaper componentry = cheaper price.  I don't think tv's and electronics are that way, but who knows.  I took their price to Best buy and had them match it.  You know the saying 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.  

Re: Has anyone purchased Costco Sleep Science all Latex bed? How is it performing? Any wells?
Reply #2 Jun 2, 2014 11:38 PM
I was just looking at them myself, tonight and couldn't find anything online!

I originally purchased a Novafoam mattress from Costco in 2011 and it

lasted about a year and a half before sinking in the middle!  Talk about painful !!!

Bought a "natural" mattress from Bed in a Box" and it lasted 2 years and three months!

I posted a complaint on Yelp or one of those "complaint" websites and they answered

asking me to call them  However, upon looking up their process for customer satisfaction

they offer you a pad to put on your mattress and perhaps may even ship you another

and the 2nd mattress may have been used or has been stored a long time!  So......

Not Tempurpedic......too many chemicals.......infact many of the mattresses are just

infused with chemicals so any decision on my part is still up in the air!  I don't think I want to buy

from Costco because I don't really see anything I want and I'm not going to buy something

again without trying it!  So.......I really have no idea!  I think it's terrible that the American public

has to deal with all the impurities that they put in mattresses, it's no wonder we all have allergies

and breathing problems, rashes....etc.!!!

Reply #3 Jun 4, 2014 2:54 PM
Ozziesmom wrote:

I originally purchased a Novafoam mattress from Costco in 2011 and it

lasted about a year and a half before sinking in the middle!  Talk about painful !!!

Not Tempurpedic......too many chemicals.......infact many of the mattresses are just

infused with chemicals so any decision on my part is still up in the air!  I don't think I want to buy

from Costco because I don't really see anything I want and I'm not going to buy something

again without trying it!  So.......I really have no idea!  I think it's terrible that the American public

has to deal with all the impurities that they put in mattresses, it's no wonder we all have allergies

and breathing problems, rashes....etc.!!!

Are we to take this serious?  The nova foam is cheap unregulated chinese imported foam.  Probably the worst offender when it comes to harmful chemicals.  A year and a half on this petro chemically laden gasoline bed.  Yikes!

Do you live in a bubble?  Your car on a hot day has the most harmful chemicals.  Fresh paint, New carpet, Furniture; I could go on.  

Not trying to be to hard on you, but when I hear this stuff, I like to point out a few examples of where you are being exposed to harmful chemicals. 

At least my Tempurpedic (from what I have been told) is regulated by the FDA and under some pretty strict standards.  If not, I will die very comfortable.

You want an all natural bed?  Make it yourself out of cotton, wool, hay, alfalfa, etc.

Recent Posts