"Garretson Firm" Sealy Full Mattress from Costco Warehouse
Jul 23, 2012 3:29 PM
I bought one of these in store, on sale marked down from 259.99 to 209.99.  Its about my 3rd recent effort at finding a decent mattress to sleep on.  I returned one memory foam mattress and one spring coil mattress already.  So far the comfort level is okay, and the price was right, but I have noticed some respiratory and/or health symptoms that I am not sure if they are attributable to the toxic chemicals in the mattress.  So that's what my question is about--how can I learn more about if this mattress is toxic?

I will have to decide between keeping this mattress, or returning it to Costco on the basis of chemical exposure concerns & in that case I will have no known alternative except to spend a lot of money for a full size mattress.  I have looked at flobeds.com as well as soaringheart.com(i am on the west coast) but not sure how i could find a chemical-free full size mattress for any price under $1500.  I'd rather spend a lot less than that.  I looked at thefutonshop.com, but determined they are fuller of BS than they have ever been(based on the unfounded questionable claims & term usages).  Any helpful information would be appreciated.  Thanks!

This message was modified Jul 23, 2012 by jaco0582

Recent Posts