Dr. Breus Latex / Foam Mattress - Review - BAD
May 14, 2012 4:31 PM
In July 2011 I began my search for a new bed.  Trying to research, check websites, consumer product reports, personal reviews etc.... in an effort to  educate my self before such a major purchase. 

It is extremely hard to find many reviews on any of the Dr. Breus mattresses which are (or were) sold by Urban Mattress in Colorado. 

I ended up purchasing a Cal King size Dr. Breus Signature Platinum.....(just one step up from the Signature Elite.... as it were)  such a sorry costly mistake!!! after tax $4K

Since it was a Cal King, I was told up front that it was a "special order" so NO returns.... But,  I thought I was safe as I spent along time in the store during a couple of different trips and taking my time and laying on the mattresses for 30 min or so at a time.  Both the Elite and the Signature were very comfortable in the store.  NO SINK HOLE feeling. 

I don't know what happened between the floor model and the one I ultimately received. (I am guessing poor assembly and lacking quality control)... again Cal King "Special Order".... 

It is way too soft (much more than the store model felt),,,, but the real problem is the SINK HOLE .  Both my husband and I sink in the "holes".   We are so, so disappointed in this very expensive mattress.  I have some lower back problems and due to this "sink hole" and therefore no support to the lower back, I wake up "crippled" each morning until my back loosens up. 

This is not a review from a brand new purchase, I purchased the mattress in August 2011.  Beware! Beware! 

I am now starting my a search for a new mattress, as I cannot continue to have backaches and get poor sleep like this. 

This message was modified May 14, 2012 by chrisco

Recent Posts