Different options for keeping cool
I've got a very old 1991 Sealy mattress that seems to have springs in it and gets very hot at night. I am a side sleeper and skin that is directly exposed to the mattress tends to get rashes around 5am. From reading the tag, the material consists of 62% blended batting, 60% garnetted cotton, 40% garnetted polyester, boric acid treated, 27% rubberized coir fibe, 11% polyurethane. I don't know if that helps.
I'm looking at solutions for cooling a mattresses and came across 3 categories of solutions.
1) A solution to blow cool air into the mattress itself such as Bedjet: https://www.amazon.com/BedJet-Biorhythm-Technology-Temperature-Mattress/dp/B01BMCWJ7G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526965184&sr=8-2&keywords=bedjet&th=1
2) Advanced mattresses that have air spacing to allow easy circulation such as: purple.com/mattresses/purple-mattress/buy
3) Some kind of topper: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/951535-independent-sleep-convoluted-gel-memory-foam-combination-full-mattress-topper-blue-white.html
What is an easy and simple way to achieve cooling? What is the most effective? What is the cheapest? How do the different options compare?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Different options for keeping cool
None of these are good enough. You have to do it yourself.
1) BedJet is joke, your comforter will obstruct the air flow.
2) Purple is a little better, but you need a source of air. You will have to punch a hole in the mattress and get a source of air going. But you don't need all these holes. You only need one or two - places on your body where it's hot. An overkill.
3) A convoluted gel foam is just plain silly. How is it even supposed to work. You body creates head and moisture. The topper just traps it. Open cell, closed cell, doesn't matter. These are just laws of physics.
You need to roll your own solution by punching a hole in your existing mattress and getting some weak air fan going. Very little to buy, so there is no one out there who has interest in helping you.
This message was modified May 29, 2018 by a moderator
Re: organic king mattress is a good choice or bad? - Lazycatau1 Apr 27, 2023 3:17 AM
organic king mattress is a good choice or bad? - Oliver125 Jan 29, 2023 5:20 AM
Re: Best Mattress for heavy people? - yegoki5810 Dec 18, 2022 9:28 AM
TIPS ON SOLVING YOUR BACK/SHOULDER/NECK ISSUES regarding sleeping well - jimsocal Nov 27, 2022 8:17 PM
Re: Best bamboo sheets for the best mattress. - Acerwqt Sep 16, 2022 1:52 PM
Need some advices - ericflemming Sep 14, 2022 12:09 PM
Re: Hastens Luxuria Cal King like new - beddy May 16, 2022 12:25 AM
Re: Most Popular Mattress Right Now? - andrew1 Jan 25, 2022 10:27 PM