Decent air mattress?
Dec 7, 2013 5:06 PM
We have a 9" talalay latex mattress that we've never really been happy with since we got it. I love the idea of latex, the longevity and durability, but for whatever reason it just isn't for me. My back hurts. It might be that it just pushes back too much for me. Anyways, I'm looking to get something else. I seem to sleep OK on spring mattresses whenever I'm in a hotel and I sleep even better on super cheap air mattresses (coleman/aerobed, etc). I'm aware of the criticisms of air mattresses, they leak, they're not progressive, etc., but I think the lack of progressiveness works for me. Whatever it is - I feel great after having slept on a coleman and am in pain after having slept on my expensive latex mattress. So, I'd like to try an air mattress.

All that said - are there any air mattressses that are durable and affordable? Innomax seems to be a contender. Any others?

Thanks

Re: Decent air mattress?
Reply #1 Apr 25, 2014 1:48 PM
slantedview wrote:

We have a 9" talalay latex mattress that we've never really been happy with since we got it. I love the idea of latex, the longevity and durability, but for whatever reason it just isn't for me. My back hurts. It might be that it just pushes back too much for me. Anyways, I'm looking to get something else. I seem to sleep OK on spring mattresses whenever I'm in a hotel and I sleep even better on super cheap air mattresses (coleman/aerobed, etc). I'm aware of the criticisms of air mattresses, they leak, they're not progressive, etc., but I think the lack of progressiveness works for me. Whatever it is - I feel great after having slept on a coleman and am in pain after having slept on my expensive latex mattress. So, I'd like to try an air mattress.

All that said - are there any air mattressses that are durable and affordable? Innomax seems to be a contender. Any others?

Thanks

Slantedview.  You should try a thin memory foam or soft latex prior to going for a whole new system.  You might be able to get out of this cheaply.  Mattdud.

Re: Decent air mattress?
Reply #2 Apr 25, 2014 4:24 PM
Get an aero bed (I think that is how it is spelled).  They're as good as a sleep number bed, a lot less expensive, and mobile.  They're quite affordable too.

Recent Posts