DUX 1001 Review
Feb 25, 2012 11:06 PM
 According to the Duxiana store the 1001 is the same as the current 010 except for the outer covering which is a different color and somewhat rougher texture. I purchased the 1001 when it was first introduced (I think around 1998). My bed did not have the Pascal system zoning feature, I don't think they offered it at the time. The bed worked great the entire time I owned it with no problems. Compared to a "normal" mattress the remarkable feature of the Dux was the ability to conform to you body contours. For instance, when making the transistion from my shoulders to my head the mattress could almost spring back right to my head so I only needed a thin pillow. The support is very good without feeling hard or creating large pressure points. The bed helped my lower back pain and I always woke up in the morning with less pain than i went to bed with. When I married my wife she insisted that we had to sleep in a King size bed, so I gave the Dux Queen size to my sister. She still loves it. She replaced the topper when she inherited the mattress and paid $900 for it. When I recently tried it out again, it still feels great. I figure I got my money's worth from that mattress.

I recently went to the local Dux store in Newport Beach California and tried their 010 model. I seemed a little stiffer than I remember the 1001. The 212 model with its three zones seems more comfortable, probably worth the extra cash in the long run.

Since the advent of internet reviews I started comparing different brands and was surprised to find that Duxiana rates very poorly with consumers. A few people have had durabilty issues with the toppers wearing out but mostly I found that people were not happy with overall fit and feel of the mattress and unhappy that they could not return it. The Duxiana warranty is just as worthless as the the ones from the big S manufacturers even though they cost twice as much. So beware once you buy a Duxiana you own it!

Recent Posts