Can you suggest a good memory foam topper please?
Sep 12, 2011 3:40 AM
For a full bed.

I just ordered a Sealy Posturepedic Cooper Mountain firm from US-Mattress.. I'm sure it's a great mattress by itself but I'd like to make my own Tempurpedic like my parents have (They have the Tempurpedic Celebrity and it's great). I figure that having a good firm mattress underneath with a good topper would be a similar experience..

I haven't received the mattress yet,

and I ordered thisf

http://www.amazon.com/Serenia-2-Inch-4-Pound-Memory-Topper/dp/B004FPY1JW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315813062&sr=8-1

2.5" 4lb memory foam, based on the good reviews. But since I ordered through Amazon I can return it if I don't like it. But even if I do, I don't want to have to upgrade in a couple years if I could have just spent a few more bucks now.

I'm a pretty heavy guy for my size so I think I need somewhat firm. Mainly a side/stomach sleeper (fall asleep on stomach and wind up on side)

Thanks

This message was modified Sep 12, 2011 by blueoakleyz
Re: Can you suggest a good memory foam topper please?
Reply #1 Sep 12, 2011 4:33 PM
Geez doesn't that topper come with a cover?

The last topper I tried was the Sleep Innovations gel memory foam 2.5" from Costco.  About $100 for twin.  It had a nice cover with a side skirt to hook onto mattress like a fitted sheet.  Trouble is it didn't seem to do much of what the box said - I did sink quite a bit into the foam, I was pretty hot that night, and it was not all that pressure relieving.

I had it on a medium all latex bed.  I was trying the topper because I had just put the latex on a wood slatted foundation which really firmed up the feel of the mattress and was making some wicked pressure on my shoulders.

This message was modified Sep 12, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Can you suggest a good memory foam topper please?
Reply #2 Sep 13, 2011 2:49 AM
Damn, got the topper today.. too soft! I think I need 5lb or higher.

Recent Posts