Every year, millions and millions of Americans eagerly anticipate Black Friday and the doorbuster sales that come with it. For some, the savings end up being the difference between a big Christmas and a regular Christmas. A new trend we are seeing this year is many major retailers opening on Thanksgiving day. We are deeply saddened by this (but that is for another article).
Black Friday sales tend to be on cool, but not brand new, electronics and other easily gifted stuff. Should we intrepid mattress shoppers be left out of this festive shopping time? We often are and it probably has something to do with the personal nature of mattresses. When was the last time you wrapped a mattress up and put it under the tree?
Sure, BF is not a major mattress holiday, but there are a couple sales going on so why can't we get in on the action?
Below is a list of the BF sales that we know of. If you know of another, please add it below.
- 50% off mattress toppers. Belk
- $200 off Therapedic perfection Memory Foam Gel Latex Pillow-Top (Queen). BJs
- Nothing yet
- Nothing yet
- 50-60% off mattresses with extra incentives like free delivery and disposal. Sears
- Not much on mattresses yet but some decent prices on pillows and bedding. JCPenney
- $300 off some Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Serta Denmark Firm or Wellner Foam for $277 (queen). HHGregg
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite mattress set on sale for $597 before 1pm, Nov.30 (savings of $202). The Macybed Select Mattress, Pillowtop plush for $347 before 1pm Nov. 30 (savings of $582!). Macybed Select mattress, Pillowtop Cushion Firm for $247 before 1pm, Nov.30 (savings of $522!) Various bedding and pillows are on sale as well. Macys
Original Mattress Factory
- Free foundation event going on now. Save up to $400.
|$200 50inch TVs are more interesting to me right now.|
Cannot attest to the permanency of the sale, but Dremata is "advertising" a 25% off Black Friday sale. A week or 10 days ago, they had a significant price increase. (almost 40%) and with this 25% off sale, it takes the cost of the mattress pretty close to what it was prior to the sale. It MAY be that the savings evolve to a "factory discount" savings, or maybe the price increase is truly a BF sale. Only time will tell.
In any event I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest that the BF sale is not just a marketing ploy to raise prices a hundred bucks or so from their previous price. I have done significant internet browsing and DO consider them a good organic option, so even if it WAS a gimick, the price on the mattress is a good deal, and if it is truly a BF sale, then it is pretty good reduction. Next week we'll see if the prices go back up, or just evolve.
Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else? - c0bra6557 Aug 3, 2023 5:08 PM
Re: organic king mattress is a good choice or bad? - Lazycatau1 Apr 27, 2023 3:17 AM
organic king mattress is a good choice or bad? - Oliver125 Jan 29, 2023 5:20 AM
Re: Best Mattress for heavy people? - yegoki5810 Dec 18, 2022 9:28 AM
TIPS ON SOLVING YOUR BACK/SHOULDER/NECK ISSUES regarding sleeping well - jimsocal Nov 27, 2022 8:17 PM
Re: Best bamboo sheets for the best mattress. - Acerwqt Sep 16, 2022 1:52 PM
Need some advices - ericflemming Sep 14, 2022 12:09 PM
Re: Hastens Luxuria Cal King like new - beddy May 16, 2022 12:25 AM