Best Mattress??
Jan 2, 2012 6:47 PM
I know that one mattress isnt for everyone so there no answer to whats the best mattress.

So here is my problem I bought a Symbol mattress for emergency reason (car accident ) was a good price,around $600 for set, at the time and felt really solid when testing it out compared to some of the higher end matresses. The warranty was a plus also for 10 years i figured maybe i would get atleast 4-5 out of it. but its been a year and a half and the middle sags from side to side. The costomer sevice has been a nightmare and decided it best for me to just buy a better new mattress.

I dont care about memory foam, pillow top, sleep numbers or anything fancy i just want something to last and not kill my back and hip from the accident.

I recently layed on a Serta perfect sleeper super plush and it was nice comparerd to the other Serta mattresses they had but im sure they all feel good at first.

If anyone has the time to reply i really apreciate it.

This message was modified Jan 2, 2012 by bearrp3
Re: Best Mattress??
Reply #1 Jan 2, 2012 7:01 PM
You have three solid options:

One, perform a mattress surgery on your 1.5 year old mattress. Search the forum for "mattress surgery". I'm assuming your symbol mattress is an innerspring? If not, then you only have options #2 & #3.

Two, buy a mattress which uses a solid latex core. I've seen twins starting at $600 + shipping online. Avoid beds containing a poly-core if possible.

Three, buy a memory foam mattress. Search here to see the various reasons for memory foam vs. latex. Its really a personal preference, but I picked latex.

This message was modified Jan 3, 2012 by megalops
Reply #2 Jan 3, 2012 11:15 PM
Megalops,

Which latex one did you get (& size) and where did you buy it?  Are you happy with it?

Sherry

Reply #3 Jan 4, 2012 2:27 AM

Every other mattress brand pitted against Sealy is more often squished, stomped and then cast into shade. It is the reputation speaking, I would like to believe because when it comes to mattress excellence, Sealy is not always the Alpha.

This is a call to all you mattress shoppers out there not to limit your choices to just brand name. You cannot judge a mattress simply because it has more commercials or the other one is privately owned. Do the same when it comes to Symbol vs Sealy mattress.

While Sealy is a brand that has been in this industry for more than a century, Symbol only have a farthing 40 years in their track record. But still, both are commendable for having withstood the tests and trials of time. It is not easy to stay afloat in the mattress business especially during the Great Depression era.

When it comes to the number of mattress models out in the market, people have more varieties to choose from in Sealy. If you like variety and you like scrutinizing every mattress you lay eyes on, you will definitely love shopping in their stores.

But when we look at what is really essential in a mattress-comfort and durability, Symbol stands a chance of competing with this giant of a company. Many consumers who have purchased a mattress from them are really pleased with the comfort their mattresses provide. Most of them agree that they have never slept better.

Their most popular is their memory foam products. You can find yourself buying a significantly cheaper brand. But despite the lack of luxurious price, it brings to the table all the elements that comprise memory foam. It adheres to body contours and gets rid of pressure points and body aches.

But of course, we should not also forget that comfort preferences are diverse and that there are still some people who will hate it, if not curse its lack of benefits. This is the same with Sealy. Despite their long-standing brand name, they are not immune from complaints.

What makes Sealy a cut above the rest is the fact that they really value their consumers and they see to it that they try to iron out all the creases in their business. Clearly Symbol still has a lot to do in order to prove themselves superior but at the rate they are going, that task is not an impossibility.

Reply #4 Jan 4, 2012 8:43 AM
Ward wrote:

Megalops,

Which latex one did you get (& size) and where did you buy it?  Are you happy with it?

Sherry

I ordered mine from Flobeds, but have not received it yet. I have not slept on a latex bed, but did spend a couple of hours at City Mattress lying on several different latex beds and found them to be very comfortable.

Recent Posts