Anything similar to SleepEZ we can try?
Dec 9, 2007 11:47 AM
DH and myself are very interested in the SleepEZ Select Sleep 10000, but DH is nervous about buying a mattress before we try it.  Is there another brand of latex mattress out there similar to the SleepEZ that we can try out in person?  We have tried the King Koil Natural Response line in the showroom and they did feel very comfortable, but I have read a lot of less-than-favorable reviews on them in the long-term.  We live near Astoria, OR.  Thank you
Re: Anything similar to SleepEZ we can try?
Reply #4 Dec 9, 2007 2:18 PM
That is why I went with FloBeds.com because I like the option to be able to return a product if I change my mind for whatever reason and I liked the 90 day exchange of latex cores policy plus the fact I could just return everything and get my money back.  I at first went too soft since lying on a bed in a store is so different from actually sleeping on it all night. I tried out many latex beds in stores before choosing my combination but I still went too soft.  But it was OK since I could do as many latex core exchanges during the 90 day period which I did do until I got my bed just right.  I also like how I was able to request a 1.5" latex topper rather than the 2" one and Dave let me exchange mine for what I wanted.

The SleepEz latex beds are wonderful also from all the reviews I have been reading and you get one latex core exchange during a lesser time period with a restocking fee if you return the bed but many have kept their beds due to the comfort of them.  If I lived near SleepEz, I would have went in their show room to try out their beds due to their wonderful reviews and reputation but since I did not live near SleepEz and I am the type of person who likes my bed just right, I knew I would be exchanging latex cores until my bed had the perfect comfort level and I just needed to know I could return the bed without losing my purchase price so I went with FloBeds.com that also has a wonderful reputation and wonderful reviews. 

I also liked that the price of my bed went down a few times and each time I called and wrote to FloBeds and I got the price difference immediately credited to my credit card within 2 days. I also liked how I was sent two size legs since I was not sure what I size I wanted and Dave still let me return them for the taller 10" legs which I love since it allows me to store rolling sliding storage containers under my bed. I love the Pine slat box but at first it did have a pine smell that took a few weeks to go away. I had thought I should have went with the Fir wood but now I am glad I went with the Pine Wood with the organic cotton sides.

Reply #5 Dec 9, 2007 9:07 PM
Whichever way you decide to go, latex kit, Hastens or Select Comfort, remember to stay away from polyurethane. Read the tag to be sure. If there is even as little as 1% polyurethane foam, look for another mattress.

Buying sight unseen is something I hate doing but that's just the way it is with the internet and anything mail order. That being said, I won't ever be comfortable enough to go sight unseen with the purchase of a car. Too much risk.  At least with a kit mattress you can ship the whole thing back FedEx ground and wash your hands of it.

Good luck with your decision!

Reply #6 Dec 10, 2007 3:18 AM
I disagree with staying away from PU foam. Maybe you meant to say CHEAP polyurethane foam. There IS a difference. I happen to have a very high density, high ILD PU 1" layer of PU foam as my base over my coils. On top of that are two more layers of talalay latex. This high quality PU foam should last a good 10-15 years. My custom, zippered mattress is warranted for 20 years. My mattress maker gave me an education on PU foams, as well as latex and the other materials that go inside a mattress. He showed me the differences between cheap, low density foams and the higher density ones that I have. Beliveve me, as I said above...there IS a difference. So, while I'm not advocating a mattress that is ALL PU foam, I certainly feel it has its place. Can you tell me what's in the cushions on your couches and chairs? I would venture to say industrial grade PU foam. I have upholstered furniture in my house that is decades old and sat on daily. And, inside is polyurethane foam. Imagine that! :-)

beergut wrote:
Whichever way you decide to go, latex kit, Hastens or Select Comfort, remember to stay away from polyurethane. Read the tag to be sure. If there is even as little as 1% polyurethane foam, look for another mattress.</p><p>Buying sight unseen is something I hate doing but that's just the way it is with the internet and anything mail order. That being said, I won't ever be comfortable enough to go sight unseen with the purchase of a car. Too much risk.  At least with a kit mattress you can ship the whole thing back FedEx ground and wash your hands of it.</p><p>Good luck with your decision!
Reply #7 Dec 10, 2007 7:13 AM
I think the foam used by many the S companies has given PU a bad mane.
This message was modified Dec 10, 2007 by ericgl
Reply #8 Dec 10, 2007 4:16 PM
Most definitely! Perfect example of low grade PU foam. Too bad that this has to be the public's introduction to polyurethane. I almost typed PLOYurethane...maybe there's a reason for that near-typo! LOL

Anyway, I'm glad I had the opportunity to see what QUALITY PU foam is supposed to look and feel like.

ericgl wrote:
I think the foam used by many the S companies has given PU a bad mane.
Reply #9 Dec 15, 2007 1:23 PM
Valeriesouth, any updates on your mattress purchase decision? 
Reply #10 Dec 15, 2007 2:13 PM
I don't know if she's still looking but I wanted to chime in that I bought a Natural Response Tropical Breeze mattress about 5 yrs ago from Metro Mattress( I think , we don't live there anymore) in Syracuse and have been completely happy with it. No trouble at all except it weighs a freaking ton and moving it was a pita,lol. Otherwise no body impressions, sinking, sagging at all and it is supercomfy. I'm looking for a twin for my  7 yr old and tried to find this line local(Chicago area) but no luck.  Anyway, I hope you have found a mattress that you like and if not, take a look at the Tropical Breeze. I think we paid $2400 for a queen set but again, it was 5 yrs ago so they may be more now.
Reply #11 Dec 16, 2007 12:40 PM
Cadensmom, Thank you for sharing your good experience with your Natural Response Tropical Breeze mattress that you have loved so far for 5 years.  We need more posts from people like you to give others options.
Reply #12 Dec 16, 2007 5:15 PM
Oh thank you!  Not on this site  most of the time but on others(Macy's, Overstocks etc..) most people review the mattress as soon as they get it or with in a week or two of owning it. That doesn't really give a good indication of how the mattress will sleep over an extended period of time. I should add to my previous comments that the Tropical Breeze is a very plush eurotop.The topper part is 4 inches of convoluted latex plus some other padding so you definately sink into it a bit but I like that. It's probably not the one for those who prefer the feel of very firm mattresses though.
Reply #13 Dec 16, 2007 6:05 PM
Cadensmom, we all have different mattress requirements and needs and I know many people that prefer a plush mattress that is still supportive and will hold up well.  I know my dad and mom had two twin beds attached to a king headboard since she liked her bed very firm like I do and he liked a plush bed.  He never had any back problems his whole life and he was comfortable.  We appreciate you sharing and I hope others appreciate when I share to try to help others like they helped me when I needed a mattress and bed frame and found out I was allergic to a conventional mattress that I had bought at Rockaway Bedding (they are out of business right now)  and had to go with materials that would not cause me allergies.   
This message was modified Dec 16, 2007 by Lynn2006

Recent Posts