Anyone have insight on any of these mattresses?
May 14, 2010 11:15 PM
Hi,

I have the chance to get all of these mattresses at a very good deal because they are all floor models with slight imperfections (mostly being stains or something). All are new(minus the floor model part) but do not come with warranties. can anyone tell me if any of these mattresses are worth looking at? thanks. All of them are around the same price for me. Only reason im looking at these is because I cannot afford to spend over $500 at the moment because I have college bills to pay. thanks for any help

Sealy Latex Tranquil Sea
Stearns and Foster Zen Temple Firm
Stearns and Foster Montgomery Place Luxury Firm
Body Rhythms Memory Foam Plush Pillowtop
Sealy Quaker Lane Pillowtop
Sealy Balsam Plush
Sealy Cambria Heights Plush Eurotop

If anyone has heard of any of these mattresses being any good please let me know. I really appreciate any help i can get

Re: Anyone have insight on any of these mattresses?
Reply #1 May 17, 2010 4:55 AM
Rglenn1989 wrote:

Hi,

I have the chance to get all of these mattresses at a very good deal because they are all floor models with slight imperfections (mostly being stains or something). All are new(minus the floor model part) but do not come with warranties. can anyone tell me if any of these mattresses are worth looking at? thanks. All of them are around the same price for me. Only reason im looking at these is because I cannot afford to spend over $500 at the moment because I have college bills to pay. thanks for any help

Sealy Latex Tranquil Sea
Stearns and Foster Zen Temple Firm
Stearns and Foster Montgomery Place Luxury Firm
Body Rhythms Memory Foam Plush Pillowtop
Sealy Quaker Lane Pillowtop
Sealy Balsam Plush
Sealy Cambria Heights Plush Eurotop

If anyone has heard of any of these mattresses being any good please let me know. I really appreciate any help i can get

If you are intent on getting a Sealy, get one with offset coils and the more coils the better; don't get one with a pillow top because that will break down quickly.

Get one that is firm and then add a $100 soft latex topper from somewhere like SleepEZ.com if you need to soften it. If you're getting a Twin you should be able to do a lot better than $500 on a floor model. You should be able to get a Queen for under $400 - floor model - and then you can afford the topper. But if you get one that feels solft and luxurious it will likely break down and hurt your back in a short time. For price reference, I recently paid $270 for a brand new Englander twin. Calling around and bargaining often saves money. I was originally quoted $370 for the same mattress that I paid $270 for.

Recent Posts