2" Latex Toppers at Costco, $99.99 shipped for Queen size
Mar 1, 2010 7:49 PM
Just happened to do a search for "latex" stuff on their website and saw there.  They weren't there on Saturday, so must be a very new product.  Includes a 100% cotton cover, though it's VERY cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else on the 'net.  Claims to be made in the USA, but doesn't say what ILD OR even what type of latex.  Just ordered one since I have a Costco nearby, at worst I don't like it and I'm out the $10 in tax.  I'll throw a review up on here when I get it.

(Link isn't working for me, but if you search for "Latex" at Costco.com you'll see it)
This message was modified Mar 1, 2010 by SleeperWA
Re: 2" Latex Toppers at Costco, $99.99 shipped for Queen size
Reply #8 Mar 3, 2010 12:11 AM
It doesn't say what kind of latex either.  Natural?  Synthetic?  Dunlop?  Talalay?   My concern would be that it is 100% synthetic and who knows what ILD.

I like Costco, but they frequently don't post enough product information on their website.  I doubt you will see these in their stores. 

I couldn't find any info. on Comfort Impressions latex.

I also hate to see the return policy abused, because they may eventually be forced to change it.  Certainly it is fair to order 1 to try and return if necessary, given that they provide little information on what you are getting.

Reply #9 Mar 3, 2010 10:15 AM
We, the consumer, own Costco. For 1, I am sick of getting ripped off with slick advertising?! Flase lables, ect. The REASON I shop at Trader Joe's and Costco is because I can take anything I want, used, eaten or whatever, back. Costco is NOT resposible for the stuff, the dealers who sell it to them are. I have NEVER been called by Costco but i have been called by the manufactores of said product. Overstock is just a big, online Ross and I will never buy anything from them again.

As far as reviews go, buyer beware. I just bought a mattress pad from Overstock, claimed to be made by Simmons, 500 thread count. Ha! The sides were paper, no way was it 500 threads and it didn't say Simmons anywhere, on the pad or packaging.

I have bought many foams due to reccomandations, anyone want them? Mine look far better than jimsocal........

Alice  

Reply #10 Mar 3, 2010 2:03 PM
fantasticalice wrote:

I have bought many foams due to reccomandations, anyone want them? Mine look far better than jimsocal........

Gee, how do you know what I look like? Granted, I'm no Brad PItt, but... I'm not pockmarked or anything like my Dunlop foam is. .

Do you have any very soft latex you wanna dump?
Reply #11 Mar 3, 2010 5:59 PM
fantasticalice wrote:
Earth to Jim, you put a pic of your foam up here, did you not?????? with an ad.......sell me, please? Maybe I have lost my bananas.

Sure hope you were't refering to your face!

Alice

Earth to Alice: it was a joke.
You wrote: "I have bought many foams due to reccomandations, anyone want them? Mine look far better than jimsocal"

Reply #12 Mar 3, 2010 5:59 PM
Jim....ever get the feeling your banging your head on a wall! Now back on topic ..I think that "Comfort Sleep Systems" may be the source on this Costco item. If they are then they do use Talatech from Latex International in their mattresses. I'm guessing this from the trademarked name "comfort Illusions" which is a name they use for one of their mattresses (oddly though this mattress is memory foam?). They don't show any toppers under products for sale. From Costcos' description this sounds like a very soft latex which is what I want for my "firm" Costco latex mattress. Bob
Reply #13 Mar 3, 2010 6:10 PM
When a consumer takes items back to a store someone loses money.  That is like someone stealing and saying the store doesn't lose money.  Bed Bath & Beyond make a policy when you return more than a few items you are "blacklisted" sort of speak.  Not sure what happens, but they know you and are labeled as an excessive returner.

I don't like to return items, it is a pain, don't do it often.  Also I do feel bad someone does lose money.  However, if it is garbage then I feel no guilt over returning.  Just not a compulsive returner, that is all.

That said I tried to return a piece of garbage to Ikea, it was misrepresented, and not what the floor model showed.  They won, I lost,  now I do not shop there.  Never will.
Reply #14 Mar 3, 2010 6:26 PM
jimsocal wrote:
Earth to Alice: it was a joke.
You wrote: "I have bought many foams due to reccomandations, anyone want them? Mine look far better than jimsocal"

Any of the women out there that think Jim has a nice looking piece of latex should speak up.  I think his self-esteem might be a little low right now.....
Reply #15 Mar 3, 2010 8:30 PM
Hummm... never thought I had a S on my forehead. My mother was one of those.

What a sucker; born every minute.

Alice

Don't worry, last post. I am a fullfledged liberal.  I take back anything I don't love.

Reply #16 Mar 4, 2010 6:47 AM
sandman wrote:
Any of the women out there that think Jim has a nice looking piece of latex should speak up.  I think his self-esteem might be a little low right now.....

Sandman, you're taking double entendre to new heights... 
or should I say great lengths...?
Reply #17 Mar 4, 2010 1:52 PM
Comfort Impressions™ is a trademark of Sleep Innovations. What's really frustrating is They don't have any information about this product on their website. I called them and a rep said it was not their product @ costco.  Seems as if someone at costco or Sleep Innovations is lacking information.

A couple days ago I put in an email to costco to find out more about this item.
Costco's response. item 508690 SI LATEX QUEEN TOPPER
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Costco.com regarding this item.  I have contacted the vendor for the information you requested.  Please see below for their response.

1.      What is the ILD rating of this topper?  10-14 lbs 

2.      Is it 100% natural or blended Latex?  Synthetic latex 

3.      Is it produced via Dunlop or Talalay process?  Neither... The latex is blended into the foam on a continuous Max foam line.

4.      Is the topper free of fire retardant chemicals?  Yes 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep Innovations sells memory foam toppers and maybe this costco topper is a memory foam mixup, or some new type of latex.
This message was modified Mar 4, 2010 by zzzombie

Recent Posts