Serta iComfort Revolution memory foam set - my experience
Jul 15, 2011 3:40 PM
I just wanted to start another thread because there are some claims in the 'request for advice' thread that I have not found to be the case.

My iComfort Revolution is on the matching box spring, not adjustable base. I've tried the Revolution in 3 Sears stores for quite some time before purchasing.  Mine feels virtually the same as all 3 in the stores.

The Revolution is not a 'firm' bed.  Even Serta lists it as a Plush.  It is a very plush bed with quite of bit of give in the top layers of memory foam.

There were some comments of a 'strong odor' coming from new iComforts.  I can tell you for sure, there is no strong odor whatsoever from mine.  I smelled the slightest whisp of smell from the mattress, I think.  It's that faint. Less than two days after getting it, I cannot smell a thing from it.

As for 'sleeping hot' issues.  I have slept 2 nights in the bed.  I've been wearing shorts with sheet and comforter in the bed.  The house is about  65 at night.  I'm not too hot in the bed (edit - see below).  It might be a little warmer than the S&F conventional I just had, but I do mean only a little.

Only time will tell about durability - whether or not the foam keeps its support, but so far, the support is fine.

There was a claim that iComfort had something to do with Sleep Innovations.  Although it may use a similar foam to a Costco/Novaform/Sleep Innovations product, the iComfort law tag states the mattress is mfrd. by Serta in Moreno Valley, CA.

This message was modified Jul 19, 2011 by slpngoc

Recent Posts