Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #104 Feb 21, 2008 6:14 PM
kimmcgov wrote:
Novahelp, you had a soft layer in your configuration quite recently. I did not realize that you had sent it back. Since you have been mentioning soft, medium, firm and extra firm, I thought you had four layers to play with...

I see. To be honest, I just don't want to do this anymore. I want to just go get a spring bed and get a latex topper.

Your suggestion would end up costing me more money to continue this experiment.  After two nights now on the medium-firm-xfirm my body feels like it has been beat up lol!  I don't think a 2" layer of latex is going to be able to counter that...
This message was modified Feb 22, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #105 Mar 8, 2008 9:37 AM
Well, I just got my spring mattress. Placed a latex layer on it, and FINALLY this seems to be what I need.

Dear god, can this ordeal finally be over!? 

And, how the hell do I get the latex topper layers back into those boxes?! Help pLease!
Reply #106 Mar 8, 2008 10:42 AM
Novahelp, Do you have split cores or full cores?  If they are split, then put each one in the bigger bag it came in (should have come in 2 bags) and have someone hold it has you put the vacuum nozzle in it to take the air out which will shrink the latex core significantly. Then tape that up before air gets out to put inside the smaller bag to tape up (buy packing clear tape) and put the cores inside the boxes they came in with the return labels SleepEZ should send to you.  I found a UPS place near me so I no longer do pick-ups and I have someone place the boxes in my hatchback/liftback and the UPS store's guy takes them out for me and sends the back to Flobeds when I am swtiching out layers. When I had a lot of boxes, I called UPS and they came by and picked up everything since I went with much firmer latex layers.  I know you are just returning everything to SleepEz. 

I hope the restocking fee is not too high. That is why I went with FloBeds also since I hate restocking fees and the price of my bed when down enough during the 90 days with all the specials that I got it fro the same price as SleepEz with no restocking fees.

On the bright side, you found out you like a latex topper so that is good to know and it sounds like your new bed's set up will be just for you and you will be happy.  Please keep us updated.

Reply #107 Mar 8, 2008 11:52 AM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, Do you have split cores or full cores?  If they are split, then put each one in the bigger bag it came in (should have come in 2 bags) and have someone hold it has you put the vacuum nozzle in it to take the air out which will shrink the latex core significantly. Then tape that up before air gets out to put inside the smaller bag to tape up (buy packing clear tape) and put the cores inside the boxes they came in with the return labels SleepEZ should send to you.  I found a UPS place near me so I no longer do pick-ups and I have someone place the boxes in my hatchback/liftback and the UPS store's guy takes them out for me and sends the back to Flobeds when I am swtiching out layers. When I had a lot of boxes, I called UPS and they came by and picked up everything since I went with much firmer latex layers.  I know you are just returning everything to SleepEz. 

I hope the restocking fee is not too high. That is why I went with FloBeds also since I hate restocking fees and the price of my bed when down enough during the 90 days with all the specials that I got it fro the same price as SleepEz with no restocking fees.

On the bright side, you found out you like a latex topper so that is good to know and it sounds like your new bed's set up will be just for you and you will be happy.  Please keep us updated.

I don't have anyone available to help me.  The packaging is a black plastic sheet and a clear bag., no vacuum holes.

I am going to lose about $400 on this including shipping. I don't care as I made a gamble and lost, that's life and I learned a few lessons.
Reply #108 Mar 8, 2008 12:05 PM
Novahelp, I would have packing tape next to you and I would put the latex core in the bigger back and leave a little space at top for the vacuum hose and then when the latex core is as small as you think it will go, pull out the nozzle and then twist the the top  plastic round and round and then put the thick clear plastic tape on it to give you time to put it in the bigger plastic bag.  Life is full of changes and learning experiences and at least you learned you like the latex topper.  If you need more help, I will try to log on in between clients to see if you have more questions.
Reply #109 Mar 8, 2008 12:19 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I would have packing tape next to you and I would put the latex core in the bigger back and leave a little space at top for the vacuum hose and then when the latex core is as small as you think it will go, pull out the nozzle and then twist the the top  plastic round and round and then put the thick clear plastic tape on it to give you time to put it in the bigger plastic bag.  Life is full of changes and learning experiences and at least you learned you like the latex topper.  If you need more help, I will try to log on in between clients to see if you have more questions.

Phew, got the Firm layer wrapped enough to fit in the box. Just got the x-firm in the second box. I have NO idea how they fit two things in each box.  There is NO way I can fit two in the boxes as they did... the boxes are buldging but seem fine holding.

I have to keep one layer now as I only have three boxes and I likely need one box for each layer. 
This message was modified Mar 8, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #110 Mar 8, 2008 7:48 PM
Novahelp, With the help of my friend, I always managed to get all the layers sent to me back in the correct boxes when I was doing a lot of exchanges for firm layers. I guess it takes two people to get enough air out of the latex to make the piece small enough. Good luck with the rest of the latex cores.  I hope I helped you a little bit since I tried.
Reply #111 Mar 15, 2008 2:05 PM
 I am sending ALL of them back I decided. I am going to have to find another couple boxes since the Sleepez is not at all planned out for returns.
This message was modified Mar 15, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #112 Mar 20, 2008 4:56 PM
I was told by Sleepez when I ordered that it would be like $100 to ship the mattress back to them via Fedex if I didn't like it.

Fedex estimates are $250+$25 pickup!!!

I called Sean, and he said he would try to get me his rate ...
This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #113 Mar 21, 2008 1:00 AM
Novahelp, that is why I never buy any major purchase that has a restocking fee since it is costly enough to ship back without paying for a restocking fee. I just do not like the pressure that if I do not keep something, I will be out more money. That is why I chose FloBeds since I knew I am good at clicking the site for sales each day since I am at a computer each day and with the mark downs during the 90 days, my price was no more than it would have been for the SleepEZ kit but without the pressure that if it idid not work out, I would be out a lot of money.  Flobeds uses return preprinted labels that ship UPS with I think his rates and the pick-up charge was $10 for me but then I found a very local UPS store near me to bring the boxes to. I was able to fit all the latex pieces back in the boxes they came in when I exchanged latex cores. My problem was going softer than I wanted to since I was told that latex is different than conventional beds. I ended up having all very firm latex layers since that is how I sleep best. I also had to go with a thinner latex topper but that works for me since I like a little give in the top of the mattress with the confirming zipped up cover.

I hope SleepEz works with you to give you their rate in mailing the latex kit back to them.  I am sure they would want to help you since they know that you tried to like their bed.  We are all here for you and want updates on your spring mattress and are glad you found something comfortable for you.

Recent Posts