Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #94 Feb 21, 2008 12:49 AM
Novahelp, I would go with a 2" soft latex topper and no more than that or you will sink in too much and hurt your back. My opinion...
Reply #95 Feb 21, 2008 1:31 AM
I forgot how soft the topper is. (The ILD). Myself, I really have a hard time finding a latex or memory foam topper that won't make my lower back hurt eventually. I can handle firmer latex INSIDE my mattress. And, my "topper" of choice is this super, comfy Ultimate Cuddle Bed® Plus Mattress Topper from Costco.com. It's like sleeping on a supportive cloud. In fact, I bought another one to have for the future in case they stop selling them.

Best wishes to you!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11189730&search=cuddle%20bed&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=cuddle%20bed&Ntt=cuddle%20bed&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

novahelp wrote:
I think you are correct. I now believe I am a spring bed person and will need to throw on a nice topper to get the best of both worlds. <BR><BR>What if I keep the SOFT layer from Sleepez as a topper, is that too soft for a spring mattress topper?<br type="_moz"/>
Reply #96 Feb 21, 2008 7:36 AM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I would go with a 2" soft latex topper and no more than that or you will sink in too much and hurt your back. My opinion...

Appreciate your help. 

As an experiment, I slept last night on Medium-Firm-Xfirm.  My hip doesn't hurt this morning, which confirms what I thought on how the softer layering isn't thick/dense/supportive enough to hold me at my weight and it compresses to something that is hard which hurts my hip.

However, you knew it was coming :), my lower back is sore and my shoulder hurts!  Additionally, the whole thing feel so hard to me that it's like almost sleep on a board or  a traditional super hard/firm spring mattress. 

So you believe a 2" soft layer is going to fix all this?  Seems to me a cheap extra firm spring mattress with a nice 2" latex layer is much more cost efficient.
This message was modified Feb 21, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #97 Feb 21, 2008 12:06 PM
Novahelp, I admire you for all of the time and effort you have put into this. I would have given up long ago. You really must be exhausted from so many uncomfortable and restless nights.

However, the glaring problem to me in all of the configurations you have tried, is the 3 inches of soft foam for your comfort layer. It's too much in my opinion -- and I think in the opinion of most people on this forum.

As a last ditch effort why not go to Target, or Bed Bath and Beyond or somewhere local and buy a 1 or 2 inch thick memory or other foam topper and try it on the firm set up you just mentioned.

I would get a couple of different options (a 1 inch AND a 2 inch,) since you can return either or all of them if they don't work out. I think it would be worth trying before throwing in the towel and resigning yourself to a $400 loss.
Reply #98 Feb 21, 2008 12:15 PM
kimmcgov wrote:
Novahelp, I admire you for all of the time and effort you have put into this. I would have given up long ago. You really must be exhausted from so many uncomfortable and restless nights.

However, the glaring problem to me in all of the configurations you have tried, is the 3 inches of soft foam for your comfort layer. It's too much in my opinion -- and I think in the opinion of most people on this forum.

As a last ditch effort why not go to Target, or Bed Bath and Beyond or somewhere local and buy a 1 or 2 inch thick memory or other foam topper and try it on the firm set up you just mentioned.

I would get a couple of different options (a 1 inch AND a 2 inch,) since you can return either or all of them if they don't work out. I think it would be worth trying before throwing in the towel and resigning yourself to a $400 loss.

Thanks for your advice. I have two (low quality) 1"memory foams  that I will try (again).  A couple days ago I tried to place both of them on the medium-firm-Xfirm latex combo on the weekend and it was yucky (I don't like memory foam due to the trapped and high heat feeling, i really like latex).   But, heck what the hell right? :)

and yes, I am just tired.  I can't get more than ~6 hours a night now... and its been months like this... :)
Reply #99 Feb 21, 2008 12:40 PM
novahelp wrote:
A couple days ago I tried to place both of them on the medium-firm-Xfirm latex combo on the weekend and it was yucky (I don't like memory foam due to the trapped and high heat feeling, i really like latex).

I know what you mean about memory foam, I've decided I don't like it either -- it's just that it is so easily available. But you can probably find a regular piece of foam or PU foam topper to try instead. Then if that works, you could exchange your 3 inch soft layer for 1.5 inches or 2 inches of latex.

Good luck.
Reply #100 Feb 21, 2008 2:45 PM
kimmcgov wrote:
I know what you mean about memory foam, I've decided I don't like it either -- it's just that it is so easily available. But you can probably find a regular piece of foam or PU foam topper to try instead. Then if that works, you could exchange your 3 inch soft layer for 1.5 inches or 2 inches of latex.

Good luck.

I dont understand what you are saying to test?

2" memory foam
medium
firm
x-firm

I don't have a soft layer to exchange because I am not using it in the above configuration.
Reply #101 Feb 21, 2008 3:09 PM
novahelp wrote:
I dont understand what you are saying to test?<BR><BR>2&quot; memory foam<BR>medium<BR>firm<BR>x-firm <BR><BR>I don't have a soft layer to exchange because I am not using it in the above configuration.

Yes: the above configuration with either 2 inches (or even 1.5 inches) of memory foam or PU foam.

The soft layer I'm talking about is the one you still have from Sleep EZ (unless you already sent it back) which you are not using in this particular configuration.

You could keep the medium, firm and x-firm and exchange the 3 inches of soft for a thinner piece of latex to use as a topper. Make sense?
Reply #102 Feb 21, 2008 3:53 PM
kimmcgov wrote:
Yes: the above configuration with either 2 inches (or even 1.5 inches) of memory foam or PU foam.

The soft layer I'm talking about is the one you still have from Sleep EZ (unless you already sent it back) which you are not using in this particular configuration.

You could keep the medium, firm and x-firm and exchange the 3 inches of soft for a thinner piece of latex to use as a topper. Make sense?

I only paid for 3 layers, you are thinking of their 13000 which is 4 layers of latex which I didn't buy... :)
Reply #103 Feb 21, 2008 4:44 PM
Novahelp, you had a soft layer in your configuration quite recently. I did not realize that you had sent it back. Since you have been mentioning soft, medium, firm and extra firm, I thought you had four layers to play with...

Recent Posts