Anyone try Serta 'cool' memory foam topper?
Dec 8, 2009 12:24 PM
Overstock has a Serta 2-inch 4lb density memory foam topper that is billed as a 'cool' memory foam. Does anyone know if this is any different from other MF toppers, if it's any cooler? I was all set to buy the Serta 3-inch 4lb that is *not* listed as being 'cool' but the possibility of a truly cooler foam topper has me second guessing my decision. Does anyone know if this 'cooler' topper is formulated differently, or if it's supposed to be cooler just because it has an inch less depth to it?
SERTA.
Reply #23 Dec 19, 2009 3:43 PM

well i thought about getting a serta for cheap, at sam's who will always back you up for years.  even if the company warranty doesn't.  they're getting abused in that regard now, so they are getting more strict (no more 3 years on televisions- people were just upgrading t.v.'s every three years!). 

but their serta mattresses' springs feel too WEAK even though their coil gauge is heavier (13 /14 vs. 14 in sealy).  i guess that many fewer springs make a bigger diffrence (530 vs. 782).  but i'd rather have sealy's cheapest than the particular $645 serta firm i tried. i sink right through those springs.  but the difference between $1100 & $1550 from the sealy rejuvinate signature & s&f u.f. i.d.k.  Not in feel, only in other measures of quality.  the double springs. higher quality box spring. i.d.k. but it looked like hardwood framed box springs.  very nice anyway.  very firm comfort layers.  & beautiful embroidery, encasement, carry handles!, piping, heavy soft cotton sleeping surface etc.  very nice.  so maybe it is worth it.  i have to think seriously about making that happen.  i'd do it if they match with brady & verns or something furniture (ie. NOT a mattress "factory direct" shipper which rooms store will NOT match), for $1529 for a split queen,  & it's that much less more that will be hard to deny.  & hard to TOP with raw foam...

dfs

Re: Anyone try Serta 'cool' memory foam topper?
Reply #24 Dec 19, 2009 5:18 PM
Jason, the number of coils definetly makes a difference.  On the Sealy's, I found the most support on the ones with the highest # of coils, even if they were a bitter thinner gauge. 

So, I am not totally clear on what you are trying to get?  The ultra firm S&F estate?  I agree that they is very firm and supportive, but too firm for me.  I was not able to find out all of the foams in the S&F estates, since I cannot find info. online about exactly what is in them.  I would have to call back a salesmen to get the info.

Recent Posts