Sensus, Venus, Mem-cool on Overstock.com?
Sep 11, 2010 11:18 AM
I have read through the forums about Sensus and Venus from Overstock.com and it seems a lot of people say it is not the real Stuff, but others seem more than happy with it.  It is made by a company called "Comfort Dreams" which I can't find much if any info on.  What is the difference from the two below?  To me they are the same except for the Price, but is Overstock pulling a clever one?  

How long does this stuff last?  A few years?  

Also is Mem-cool on Overstock relatively the same as Aerus?

$314   http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/sensusmemoryfoam5lb-p-43.html

$186   http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Comfort-Dreams-Sensus-Memory-Foam-3-inch-Mattress-Topper/3657735/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

Thanks, 

Ser

Re: Sensus, Venus, Mem-cool on Overstock.com?
Reply #1 Sep 11, 2010 11:46 AM
Ser_renely wrote:

I have read through the forums about Sensus and Venus from Overstock.com and it seems a lot of people say it is not the real Stuff, but others seem more than happy with it.  It is made by a company called "Comfort Dreams" which I can't find much if any info on.  What is the difference from the two below?  To me they are the same except for the Price, but is Overstock pulling a clever one?  

How long does this stuff last?  A few years?  

Also is Mem-cool on Overstock relatively the same as Aerus?

$314   http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/sensusmemoryfoam5lb-p-43.html

$186   http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Comfort-Dreams-Sensus-Memory-Foam-3-inch-Mattress-Topper/3657735/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

Thanks, 

Ser

I have some reason to believe that the Sensus on Overstock is the real thing, but some might have minor defects (slightly wrong size, mine has a bit of black stain on it and slightly too large, or possibly returns).  Some might just be truly is "overstock" that they got elsewhere.  I believe there is no guarantee for it.   It is pink and 5lb. density.  Jim, who also posts on this forum, bought the overstock Sensus recently and thinks it is the real thing (he has bought other Sensus before). 

I am not aware of anyone that has received the true 8lb. Venus from overstock, so if you buy that be prepared to try to return for a refund.  Some have thought it really is the 4lb. Aerus.

My feeling is that the mem-cool might be the same as the orignal aerus (they now have Natural Aerus which is the main thing Foamex talks about on its website).  That is just a guess because I have never bought Aerus.  It is blue with 4lb. density. 

I would note that amazon and samsclub.com sells 2.5" of 5 lb. natural Aerus. 

Sensus is denser and a bit firmer and more supportive than the mem-cool, but I do find that it sleeps hotter.  Both seem like okay products to me, but I have only tried a limited amount of memory foams.  I am finding that the Sensus is too hot for me as a top layer, but others seem okay with it.

I have not tried either long enough to know how long they will last, but they seem to be holding up so far.

This message was modified Sep 11, 2010 by sandman
Reply #2 Sep 11, 2010 2:51 PM
Thanks for the info, that makes sense, so it sort of seems like it is something that foam by mail does, seconds or minor defects on the items.

Why do they not have the 8lb Venus...can't seem to find it anywhere.  Whats another good brand that makes a higher lb density 7-8lb foam, and a good place to buy it online from?

I have seen info on the Aerus, looks like interesting stuff.

Thanks,

Ser

Reply #3 Sep 11, 2010 4:09 PM
ok, I think I see better now.  So whats the difference between Venus and Sensus?

Thanks for the help.

Reply #4 Sep 11, 2010 4:54 PM
ohhh, I meant to ask about Eco sense, how do people view them as a foam maker?
Reply #5 Sep 11, 2010 6:12 PM
Ser_renely wrote:

ok, I think I see better now.  So whats the difference between Venus and Sensus?

Thanks for the help.

I don't know anything about ecco sense memory foam.  I have not tried Venus either, so can't really compare it to Sensus.  . 

I assume there is some diminishing return in making the foam more dense.  It may not add much in comfort beyond a certain point, and it does cost more.

I know the some of the upper end Tempurpedics (and a sleep science at Costco) do use 7.0lb. on the top layer.  I have laid on the TP Allura and it felt pretty good.  Not sure how it feels over an 8 hour sleep cycle though.

For some reason there does not seem to be much of a market for the higher density toppers.  Maybe not enough people willing to pay more if they are satisfied with the 3-5lb. ones/

Someone posted this earlier in the year

"Thank you for order.  Unfortunately at this time Foamex is not pouring any of the Venus memory foam.  The demand for this product has decreased.  Due to this limited volume, Foamex has discontinued the Venus product months ago.

The Sensus 5lb is the most popular topper in the memory foam line.  In most cases we have found the 5lb to be superior over the 8lb Venus, due to the Venus being so slow reacting."

Sincerely,

SleepWarehouse Customer Support"
Reply #6 Sep 11, 2010 6:29 PM
Really appreciate all the time and information.

Recent Posts