Sealy Truform bed misery
May 3, 2008 7:50 PM
I have been reading all the posts with interest.  I have a Sealy Truform 11" bed for 2 years now.  The first part of the first year I really liked it, then the honeymoon was over pain in my hips, and sleepless nights.  So I have tried a really nice featherbed that worked for almost 2 months, then it started breaking down, I fluff it every single night, but after laying on it once it flattens and the polyurethane is very hard and hurts my hips.  I do have bursitis from a ski injury, and now my good side (pain free one) is now painful as the other one.  I did flip the bed over (so the memory foam in underneath now) and tried to build something over that.

I wasted almost $200 on an Ikea topper, that they do not take returns on.  The floor sample has fiberfill loose and was better than the model I got that was sewn in and very firm.  Anyway, I took the 1" or so foam that was inside and put that on the bed, and of course that was no help.  I am going to try the latex, but unfortunately all that is left is twin size.  I am pretty certain at this point that this bed is hopeless to top with anything!

Does anyone have this bed?  And if so have you found a solution?  I have tried other spring beds and as you all know they are not well made anymore and they last one year at best.

The PU foam is 2.15 lb density and 30 lb ILB (according to the spec sheet for Sealy truform).  These numbers mean nothing to me, but they are hard on my pressure points.  I read another forum and the mattress store owner suggested flipping this mattress over and topping with featherbed or latex.  But I am not too optomistic after trying the top quality featherbed (down topped, and no feathers poking thru).

Recent Posts