St. Geneve's St. dormeir wool mattress pad review day 3
Jul 8, 2010 6:40 PM
I took the helpful advice from the folks here to pickup a St. Geneve St. Dormeir wool mattress pad to see if it would help with the Tempurpedic bed sweating. I'm glad I took the advice. All 3 nights have been extremely comfortable and there is no more waking up stuck to the bed!

Its a very nice product. I'd suggest washing it before using it as it does have a bit of dander I found when you unpack it. Well worth the $200. I'll try to post an update as time goes on.

Its also worth noting that that texture of the pad compared to the Natura model is much nicer in feel and not as bulky.

This message was modified Jul 8, 2010 by fishstick
Re: St. Geneve's St. dormeir wool mattress pad review day 3
Reply #17 Jul 12, 2010 7:37 PM
That is the pad, but definitely do not buy it from them.  The MSRP on the pad is $178 (and I am not ashamed to admit, handsomely profitable at such a price).  $355 is outrageous.
Reply #18 Jul 12, 2010 8:12 PM
Does the pad help hold a mattress together?  One made of layers I mean.  Some seem like they have more powerful elastic than others.  I only ask because it is sold as a custom product and all sales are final unless there is a defect.

This website:

http://www.snuggledown.com/s/catalog/mattress_covers/st_dormeir_wool_mattress_protectors/

Will ship to USA without an additional fee.

Thanks for any further input.

Reply #19 Jul 12, 2010 8:28 PM
It will make things look neat and tidy but I wouldn't rely on it to keep layers together if gymnastics are being performed.  Latex and foam layers are quite good at sticking to each other, however, so unless each layer is separately encased in a fabric your bed should be pretty stable as is.
Reply #20 Jul 19, 2010 5:55 PM
So its been a few weeks and I'm still very impressed with this mattress pad! Really cools down the Tempur and has a low profile.
Reply #21 Jul 19, 2010 6:37 PM
Great reviews on this mattress pad. I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the recommended 24" drop from Laughlin Designs (www.snuggledown.com). After reading Diane's post about the 16" drop fitting a 13" bed, I sent an email to Sandra Laughlin telling her I was worried about the 24" drop being too much for my 13.25 " FloBed. She wrote Dormeir to confirm which would be best, and they are sending me the 16" drop. Great customer service from Sandra, also lowest prices and free shipping for the USA.smiley
This message was modified Jul 19, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #22 Aug 10, 2010 2:53 PM
This forum is becoming an addiction... just ordered one of these from a local dealer in ny (which according to her will take about ~3 weeks for it to arrive :P). Thanks for all the recommendations.

PS- if anyone has more reviews please share

This message was modified Aug 11, 2010 by Relaxo
Reply #23 Aug 11, 2010 12:56 AM
I just ordered mine, too. Sadly, it won't be here for at least a couple weeks. :-(
Reply #24 Aug 11, 2010 7:29 PM
fishstick wrote:

So its been a few weeks and I'm still very impressed with this mattress pad! Really cools down the Tempur and has a low profile.

Has it changed the feeling of the memory foam?  If so, for better or for worse?

Thank you.

Reply #25 Aug 12, 2010 2:13 PM
MequonJim wrote:

Has it changed the feeling of the memory foam?  If so, for better or for worse?

Thank you.

It has quite a thin profile so i don't believe it has.

I've never slept right on the foam with a sheet due to it sweating quite a bit for me. Maybe this winter I'll give it a trycool

Reply #26 Sep 3, 2010 12:33 PM
Natalia wrote:

Great reviews on this mattress pad. I can't wait to get mine. I ordered the recommended 24" drop from Laughlin Designs (www.snuggledown.com). After reading Diane's post about the 16" drop fitting a 13" bed, I sent an email to Sandra Laughlin telling her I was worried about the 24" drop being too much for my 13.25 " FloBed. She wrote Dormeir to confirm which would be best, and they are sending me the 16" drop. Great customer service from Sandra, also lowest prices and free shipping for the USA.smiley

Hi all,

I received my Dormeir washable mattress protector Monday. It is worth every penney! All heat issues are gone, I don't feel the stitching even through a thin jersey bottom sheet, it doesn't change the feel of my latex one bit and it doesn't bunch or shift! I LOVE it and highly recommend it to anyone with mattress heat issues.

Thanks so much Diane, Budgy, and fishstix. smiley

Best to everyone,

Natalie

Recent Posts