St. Geneve's St. dormeir wool mattress pad review day 3
Jul 8, 2010 6:40 PM
I took the helpful advice from the folks here to pickup a St. Geneve St. Dormeir wool mattress pad to see if it would help with the Tempurpedic bed sweating. I'm glad I took the advice. All 3 nights have been extremely comfortable and there is no more waking up stuck to the bed!

Its a very nice product. I'd suggest washing it before using it as it does have a bit of dander I found when you unpack it. Well worth the $200. I'll try to post an update as time goes on.

Its also worth noting that that texture of the pad compared to the Natura model is much nicer in feel and not as bulky.

This message was modified Jul 8, 2010 by fishstick
Re: St. Geneve's St. dormeir wool mattress pad review day 3
Reply #5 Jul 8, 2010 9:03 PM
MequonJim wrote:

Do you know if any of the dealers will ship the product?

Thank you.

In Canada here http://www.tmasc.ca/woolprotectors/DormeirPad.html

Give them a call I imagine you can find one in the US if not they'll probably ship to you.

Reply #6 Jul 8, 2010 9:33 PM
I also followed the advice of many people here and ordered one. It arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. It wasn't a heat issue with me--I just don't like feel of most polyester pads with their stiff backing. The Dormeir did have an odor when first unwrapped, but it quickly faded. Its comfortably soft and generously sized for my Flo Bed.
Reply #7 Jul 9, 2010 7:52 AM
fyi - I bought a wool comforter from koala products in australia. high thread count cotton cover sewn into two inches of untreated wool. twin size exactly fits a full size mattress with no overhang. I am using it under a feather bed,over the mattress. love it. 40 bucks. they sell on ebay. 
Reply #8 Jul 9, 2010 12:36 PM
Glad to hear this has made a noticeable difference for you, definitely an awesome product.
Reply #9 Jul 10, 2010 5:10 PM
Is this pad  WATERPROOF/SPILL PROOF?

thanks.

This message was modified Jul 10, 2010 by roy1
Reply #10 Jul 10, 2010 5:20 PM
It is quite water resistant, but definitely not water proof.  That would defeat the purpose of the pad.
Reply #11 Jul 10, 2010 7:05 PM
roy1 wrote:

Is this pad  WATERPROOF/SPILL PROOF?

thanks.

Unless you have a child, lots of wine etc on the bed, or some real crazy happenings in the bedroom, you should be ok with this pad.

If not a protector with a polypropelene or similar membrane is the one to go with as they are waterproof......but breathe nowhere near a product like this.

Reply #12 Jul 10, 2010 7:39 PM
fishstick wrote:

Unless you have a child, lots of wine etc on the bed, or some real crazy happenings in the bedroom, you should be ok with this pad.

If not a protector with a polypropelene or similar membrane is the one to go with as they are waterproof......but breathe nowhere near a product like this.

could I use this pad on both the Tempurpedic and latex mattresses?

and it keeps the tempurpedic cool?

And makes the latex sleep even cooler and better?

Thanks

This message was modified Jul 10, 2010 by roy1
Reply #13 Jul 11, 2010 2:19 AM
most really good latex mattress come with cotton covers and wool quilted inside them....so it probably wouldn't make an appreciable difference in the heat with that type of build...but this wool is machine washable...mattress covers are not.
Reply #14 Jul 12, 2010 1:00 AM
budgy wrote:

most really good latex mattress come with cotton covers and wool quilted inside them....so it probably wouldn't make an appreciable difference in the heat with that type of build...but this wool is machine washable...mattress covers are not.

Thank you budgy.

I am though still confused.

So it would be all right to use this dormeir with the tempurpedic mattress, correct?

AND it will be alright to use this with the latex, correct. Even if it cools the latex a little that is of some help.

BUT the thing nagging me is this:

Using this dormeir - Will it take away the natural feel of the tempurpedic mattress and the latex mattress?

Thanks budgy.

Recent Posts