Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #42 Jan 23, 2008 9:02 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I just reread this post an I am wondering if Sean allowed you more than one free exchange?  What combination of Latex did you end up going with. I hope you are liking your latex bed. I know I can never go back to a regular bed where I always woke up with a stuffy nose and moved around too much all night.

I am liking the mattress much more. I still have a slight problem with the bottoming out at times. 

As for another exchange, I think Sean will allow me given that my original config was on his recomendation. He asked that I wait a few days of testing this new arrangement before we do another adjustment. 

I still have a problem in that I need some sort of mattress case for the foam as I do not like the one Sleepez uses standard (you cant feel the foam through it IMHO).  They will likely have to order another terrycloth case since the one they sent was not large enough.
Reply #43 Jan 24, 2008 12:57 AM
Novahelp, I am glad you are liking your mattress more. Maybe you need a very firm layer way at the bottom of your latex cores to prevent the bottoming out. That is what I ended up needing to get my right comfort level.  I had to go with a 44 ILD blended from FloBeds and since then have two 44 ILD's under my 36 ILD under my topper. I just like a firm bed. But even if I did not like a firm bed, I think I would want as much support at the bottom core to keep the latex sitting more firmly on the slats.
Reply #44 Jan 31, 2008 7:23 PM
Still really liking the medium-firm-soft combo. Only problem is I bottom out if I move quickly or am not horizontal. going to try moving a layer to see if this will work:

Medium
Firm
Medium
Reply #45 Feb 9, 2008 8:35 AM
Another update. Well the medium-Firm-Medium didn't work.  Felt too hard.

So I tried from top to bottom:

Medium
Firm
Soft
x-firm

It's also too firm.  Just not sure what to do anymore to get this latex bed to work out.  I am about at my wits ends with moving all these layers around.

Maybe I am just not a latex person... Which is not making me very happy. After all the cheerleading in this forum on how great latex is, returning this thing is going to cost me $400.
I am curious, maybe the clue is the endless amount of tweaking people seem to have to do to get these things to work for them.
This message was modified Feb 9, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #46 Feb 9, 2008 9:21 AM
Side sleepers have the most trouble with latex.  Back and stomach sleepers rarely complain.  At least from my memory.
Reply #47 Feb 9, 2008 9:52 AM
MequonJim wrote:
Side sleepers have the most trouble with latex.  Back and stomach sleepers rarely complain.  At least from my memory.

I wish I had seen this before I took this leap.  However, back sleepers can sleep on almost anything. Stomach sleepers only need a very firm surface, seriously, a floor would be fine for stomach sleeper.

Well, will call Sean again today and see what else to do. Seriously, this is just a royal pain in the butt.
My first mattress 10 years ago, walked into Sams club and picked one. It was great for 7 years and $300.
Reply #48 Feb 9, 2008 9:56 AM
novahelp wrote:
<BR><BR>Maybe I am just not a latex person... Which is not making me very happy. After all the cheerleading in this forum on how great latex is, returning this thing is going to cost me $400.<BR>

Stop whining. You were well warned that some people have trouble with latex, and almost everyone has to tweak it to get it to work. There are many posts from people (such as myself) who had to send everything back because standard layups didn't work. There are posts from people who prefer the flobeds return policy. If you ignored those warnings, you only have yourself to blame. And return shipping should be less than $100 Fed Ex ground.

However, first try medium, firm, ex firm, possibly with a polyester fill topper OR soft, firm, ex firm. Make sure cover stretches. 3 layers is plenty. MIght even try medium, firm, w/ a topper.
Reply #49 Feb 9, 2008 10:04 AM
mccldwll wrote:
Stop whining. You were well warned that some people have trouble with latex, and almost everyone has to tweak it to get it to work. There are many posts from people (such as myself) who had to send everything back because standard layups didn't work. There are posts from people who prefer the flobeds return policy. If you ignored those warnings, you only have yourself to blame. And return shipping should be less than $100 Fed Ex ground.

However, first try medium, firm, ex firm, possibly with a polyester fill topper OR soft, firm, ex firm. Make sure cover stretches. 3 layers is plenty. MIght even try medium, firm, w/ a topper.

Uh, what are you smoking? Sleepez charges a 15% restocking fee, no refund on the original $75 shipping charge, and then $75 (at least) to ship all this back adds up to

$348
$75
$100

$523!!!

Otherwise, thanks for your thoughts. I will talk to Sean today and see what he suggests now. 

If I am "whining" it;s cause I havent slept well in 2 months and I am exhausted....
Reply #50 Feb 9, 2008 10:25 AM
Novahelp, what exactly is uncomfortable? As a side sleeper, do you have problems with your hips or shoulders? It might help people here advise you better if they know exactly what is going on.

Best of luck to you. I know you've been working on this for a long time. I hope you are able to find a solution that works.
Reply #51 Feb 9, 2008 10:42 AM
mattressmom wrote:
Novahelp, what exactly is uncomfortable? As a side sleeper, do you have problems with your hips or shoulders? It might help people here advise you better if they know exactly what is going on.

Best of luck to you. I know you've been working on this for a long time. I hope you are able to find a solution that works.

Thank you for your supportive and kind reply.  I really am not trying to be a pest. I am just so disappointed and frustrated after being so excited about splurging a lot of money (well to me anyway) on a luxury item.

I am a side sleeper, and it is my hips are what need a soft support to prevent soreness -- this is why I can't use the Sleepez included mattress case, the wool just hurts my hips.

I think the problem is that I can't get the right combination of soft, firm, non-bouncy, and thick so i don't bottom out in the kit.  The closest I got was Medium-Firm-Soft, but as I said, it was too thin a mattress for my body. 

On top of that, my 2 month trial window is fast approaching and I have to get this figured out before then...

Recent Posts