Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #34 Jan 14, 2008 3:29 PM
mattressmom wrote:
Maybe you could try zipping the med, firm and x-firm into the cover and put the soft layer in the terry cover as a topper. You wouldn't have to send things back and forth again and you'd get the benefits of a firm, supportive mattress and the feeling of direct contact with the soft comfy topper.

BTW, SleepEZ sells layers of latex with terry covers as toppers so they could probably send you a topper cover of the correct size if the one you have is too big.

Thanks for your response.

I do have a terry cover, but the one they sent just doesn't fit (it's way too snug). Shawn offered to custom order a larger one for me, but I wanted to keep testing the layers.
Let me try med-firm-x-firm again and see if it ok. 

Have to tell you, these layers are VERY hard to move and keep moving.  It is NOT easy and I am a big guy. Not sure how smaller people move these foam layers around!
Reply #35 Jan 18, 2008 7:46 AM
Thus far, I am underwhelmed by the Sleepez bed -- customer service is fantastic though!!.  For 1600 I expected this to be comfortable and far less work.

I now tried for two nights with their original mattress case Soft-Medium-firm.  It's  not comfortable at all with this mattress case and I don't understand why people like it.  YOu can't even tell you're sleeping on latex  foam with their thick wool covering on it, might as well be sleeping on a $300 mattress with all the hamicking this cover does. My hip is also getting sore, so much for the contouring and no pressure points with latex. 

The closest to a 1600 experience I have gotten is without their mattress case and sleeping directly on the foam with a simple sheet cover. Unfortunately, I just can't find a good combination of foam layers with this either.  The soft-Medium-firm is not supportive enough, the soft-medium-firm-xfirm is better but like sleeping on a rubber ball.  Medium-Firm-x-firm is too hard.

I am not sure what to do anymore. 
This message was modified Jan 18, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #36 Jan 18, 2008 12:24 PM
I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your mattress. I hope it works out for you.
This message was modified Jan 18, 2008 by mattressmom
Reply #37 Jan 18, 2008 6:04 PM
Just spoke to Sean. He suggested I try placing soft on the bottom layer.
So it is

Medium
Firm
Soft

See if that works....
Reply #38 Jan 19, 2008 12:39 AM
Novahelp, I feel you need to keep the layers firmer with a soft topper that is about 1" or 1.5" or 2" to be comfortable so you have a soft cushion next to you but sink in a little bit to a very solid base.
This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #39 Jan 19, 2008 11:59 AM
Actually, I think I am getting there!!!  Sean was RIGHT on.  It was SOO much softer with a soft layer at the very bottom.  It kind of makes sense!  A soft bottom layer is not able to provide a firm base for the upper layers to push against, so they have more give.

I slept well last night. I am FINALLY getting all the stuff I want from latex -- a memory foam experience without all the negatives.

One problem though, which I will call and ask Sean what to do, i am sort of feeling the ground a bit when I move around now. I will report back what he suggest I do with the layers to give me a bit more lift from the ground.  I am VERY happy and excited now!!! :)

I just spoke to Sean, he said to please give it a couple of nights before we do a change again. Likely will do a medium firm medium layering!
It is so nice after all this effort (and layer switching) to finally getting the mattress to where i want it!! :)
This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleeperz 10000....
Reply #40 Jan 19, 2008 1:53 PM
Novahelp, Yes it is a lot of work at first and I was ready to give up but it is so worth it when you get the bed to the way you want it with comfort, support and no chemicals near your face.  Please keep us updated. We all like different support systems. 
This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #41 Jan 22, 2008 10:22 PM
Novahelp, I just reread this post an I am wondering if Sean allowed you more than one free exchange?  What combination of Latex did you end up going with. I hope you are liking your latex bed. I know I can never go back to a regular bed where I always woke up with a stuffy nose and moved around too much all night.
Reply #42 Jan 23, 2008 9:02 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I just reread this post an I am wondering if Sean allowed you more than one free exchange?  What combination of Latex did you end up going with. I hope you are liking your latex bed. I know I can never go back to a regular bed where I always woke up with a stuffy nose and moved around too much all night.

I am liking the mattress much more. I still have a slight problem with the bottoming out at times. 

As for another exchange, I think Sean will allow me given that my original config was on his recomendation. He asked that I wait a few days of testing this new arrangement before we do another adjustment. 

I still have a problem in that I need some sort of mattress case for the foam as I do not like the one Sleepez uses standard (you cant feel the foam through it IMHO).  They will likely have to order another terrycloth case since the one they sent was not large enough.
Reply #43 Jan 24, 2008 12:57 AM
Novahelp, I am glad you are liking your mattress more. Maybe you need a very firm layer way at the bottom of your latex cores to prevent the bottoming out. That is what I ended up needing to get my right comfort level.  I had to go with a 44 ILD blended from FloBeds and since then have two 44 ILD's under my 36 ILD under my topper. I just like a firm bed. But even if I did not like a firm bed, I think I would want as much support at the bottom core to keep the latex sitting more firmly on the slats.

Recent Posts