Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #30 Dec 29, 2007 3:08 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I am glad I was able to help you reminding you that you have split layers so to at least make one side of your bed the way you want it to be and then work on your other side. 

I am glad SleepEZ is living up to their reputation like I thought they would with their service.

I know FloBeds shipped me so far three toppers at no charge to help me since I loved the bed but did not like the too thick too soft 2" topper that came with the mattress since I did not sink in enough (being only not quite 5 feet tall and not quite 100 lbs) to feel the firmness underneath that I need since I am used to a very firm bed. 

I was also shipped at no charge higher legs to go with my new Iron Headboard and I was overnighted the attachments for the headboard so they would be here when my headboard arrived. I was sent a newer and softer cover when Dave got them in.

So far I have heard mostly all good from FloBeds.com and SleepEZ.com on their family owned businesses giving great customer service.

Novahelp, hang in there and be patient. You will be able to tweak the bed to be comfortable and you will then love it.

I had a wonderful night's sleep with my 1" very soft topper again (over 36 ILD over 44 ILD over 44 ILD)  but I really want to like the 1.5" 22 - 23 ILD topper since it is sturdier and fits my queen bed better so I will try it out again tomorrow with another combination. I still wish I had a 1.5" topper on the top of my shoulders and 1" below my shoulders both in soft since that is how it is most comfortable. But I do love my Latex bed and how I can move latex cores around. I also love the new latex cover Dave sent me a few months ago since it is soft and more comfirming.

Novahelp, Please let us know how the Terry Cloth Cover is since that sounds like the best of both worlds.

I will definitely report back. It will take about 1.5 weeks for the new stuff to arrive.
In the meantime, thankfully, my setup of my old memory foam topper on top of medium medium x-firm is quite comfortable (albeit still a bit softer than I like, and I want to sleep directly on latex and not the mushy memory foam).
Reply #31 Jan 10, 2008 11:02 PM
Got the new layer of soft foam and the terry cloth cover.

Well, the terry cloth cover is IMPOSSIBLE to put over the foam. The problem is the side of the cover are attached to the top and not the bottom, so you can't stuff the layers in. I gave up after about 1hr of trying, and Shawn said he would order me a larger one custom if needed.

I then just put my sheets directly on the foam in this order Soft - Medium - Firm .  MUCH better sleeping directly on the foam!  When I sit on the foam rapidly i kind of feel the ground, but laying and sleeping i can't feel anything but foam.

I may switch the bottom layer to x-firm to provide more support .
Reply #32 Jan 14, 2008 8:15 AM
Well, it gets stranger.

I got the 4th layer.  Tried Soft-Medium-Firm , and just found it was not enough support. I sort of bottom out in it despite the claim you only feel the first two layers.

I slept with all 4 layers last night (soft-medium-firm-xfirm), and it was MUCH better. I felt I had enough support and comfort for the first time.

I guess I need to upgrade to the 13000 unit?  What is weird is everyone says the 10000 should be enough thickness. Maybe it is because I am sleeping directly on the foam (the terry cloth cover is too small to fit so i am just testing with a sheet over the foam layers) the foam is being compressed more than with a proper cover?

Thoughts?
This message was modified Jan 14, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #33 Jan 14, 2008 11:32 AM
Maybe you could try zipping the med, firm and x-firm into the cover and put the soft layer in the terry cover as a topper. You wouldn't have to send things back and forth again and you'd get the benefits of a firm, supportive mattress and the feeling of direct contact with the soft comfy topper.

BTW, SleepEZ sells layers of latex with terry covers as toppers so they could probably send you a topper cover of the correct size if the one you have is too big.
This message was modified Jan 14, 2008 by mattressmom
Reply #34 Jan 14, 2008 3:29 PM
mattressmom wrote:
Maybe you could try zipping the med, firm and x-firm into the cover and put the soft layer in the terry cover as a topper. You wouldn't have to send things back and forth again and you'd get the benefits of a firm, supportive mattress and the feeling of direct contact with the soft comfy topper.

BTW, SleepEZ sells layers of latex with terry covers as toppers so they could probably send you a topper cover of the correct size if the one you have is too big.

Thanks for your response.

I do have a terry cover, but the one they sent just doesn't fit (it's way too snug). Shawn offered to custom order a larger one for me, but I wanted to keep testing the layers.
Let me try med-firm-x-firm again and see if it ok. 

Have to tell you, these layers are VERY hard to move and keep moving.  It is NOT easy and I am a big guy. Not sure how smaller people move these foam layers around!
Reply #35 Jan 18, 2008 7:46 AM
Thus far, I am underwhelmed by the Sleepez bed -- customer service is fantastic though!!.  For 1600 I expected this to be comfortable and far less work.

I now tried for two nights with their original mattress case Soft-Medium-firm.  It's  not comfortable at all with this mattress case and I don't understand why people like it.  YOu can't even tell you're sleeping on latex  foam with their thick wool covering on it, might as well be sleeping on a $300 mattress with all the hamicking this cover does. My hip is also getting sore, so much for the contouring and no pressure points with latex. 

The closest to a 1600 experience I have gotten is without their mattress case and sleeping directly on the foam with a simple sheet cover. Unfortunately, I just can't find a good combination of foam layers with this either.  The soft-Medium-firm is not supportive enough, the soft-medium-firm-xfirm is better but like sleeping on a rubber ball.  Medium-Firm-x-firm is too hard.

I am not sure what to do anymore. 
This message was modified Jan 18, 2008 by novahelp
Reply #36 Jan 18, 2008 12:24 PM
I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your mattress. I hope it works out for you.
This message was modified Jan 18, 2008 by mattressmom
Reply #37 Jan 18, 2008 6:04 PM
Just spoke to Sean. He suggested I try placing soft on the bottom layer.
So it is

Medium
Firm
Soft

See if that works....
Reply #38 Jan 19, 2008 12:39 AM
Novahelp, I feel you need to keep the layers firmer with a soft topper that is about 1" or 1.5" or 2" to be comfortable so you have a soft cushion next to you but sink in a little bit to a very solid base.
This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by Lynn2006
Reply #39 Jan 19, 2008 11:59 AM
Actually, I think I am getting there!!!  Sean was RIGHT on.  It was SOO much softer with a soft layer at the very bottom.  It kind of makes sense!  A soft bottom layer is not able to provide a firm base for the upper layers to push against, so they have more give.

I slept well last night. I am FINALLY getting all the stuff I want from latex -- a memory foam experience without all the negatives.

One problem though, which I will call and ask Sean what to do, i am sort of feeling the ground a bit when I move around now. I will report back what he suggest I do with the layers to give me a bit more lift from the ground.  I am VERY happy and excited now!!! :)

I just spoke to Sean, he said to please give it a couple of nights before we do a change again. Likely will do a medium firm medium layering!
It is so nice after all this effort (and layer switching) to finally getting the mattress to where i want it!! :)
This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by novahelp

Recent Posts