Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Dec 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered the SleepEZ 10000 and returned the Costco Comfortluxe.

I am a bit nervous about ordering a mattress without having tried it!  :)  However, what I really liked was Shawn even suggested I spend LESS and buy the 8500 model because "you just don't use more than 5.6/6" of foam." He said that until the mid-80s all the latex mattresses were just 6", but since then people think more is better. I ended up choosing the 10000 because of bed sheet fiting, Shawn said that sheets can be a bit of a pain to get for the thinner mattresses nowadays (Sheets are made for huge beds now)

So despite my nervousness on buying something sight unseen, I just keep telling myself all the wonderful reviews I have read here about the service level with Sleepez means it should be ok! :) (i hope :) ).
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by novahelp
Re: Just ordered Sleepez 10000....
Reply #10 Dec 26, 2007 5:43 PM
Just put it together.  Funny thing, the case was too small initially. Called Shawn and before I could finish my question he explained that the case gets stretched by the foam. It did and it is a perfect fit.  Will report back over the next couple nights. Very initial impression, i like this more than memory foam!  another impression, I may want to switch to a softer layer on top...
Reply #11 Dec 26, 2007 7:48 PM
Thanks Nova. 

Personally I prefer a soft, some would say unbearably soft, feel.  I think you will have to find what works best for you.

Reply #12 Dec 27, 2007 4:21 AM
ow!  Yep, given the time I am posting, this mattress is much too hard for me I think...

or, are the years of sleeping on memory foam made latex not good for me?   I had to put the 3" fbm topper on top of the mattress to soften it up.

I am beginning to think this was a mistake the latex foam.  It's just awful.  Please tell me that latex can be much softer than this? :)
This message was modified Dec 27, 2007 by novahelp
Reply #13 Dec 27, 2007 9:08 AM
My first night felt way too firm and that was with 3" 20 ILD, 3" 32 ILD, and 5" 50 IFD PU foam.  The second night was much better.  I added another 2" 32 ILD latex in an attempt to get me further off the PU foam.  Better, but still not soft enough, so I'm adding some 16-18 ILD latex.
Reply #14 Dec 27, 2007 9:30 AM
ericgl wrote:
My first night felt way too firm and that was with 3" 20 ILD, 3" 32 ILD, and 5" 50 IFD PU foam.  The second night was much better.  I added another 2" 32 ILD latex in an attempt to get me further off the PU foam.  Better, but still not soft enough, so I'm adding some 16-18 ILD latex.

I hope I don't have to do all that. I thought by spending  the $$ I wouldn't have to start spending even more on top of it nor create a frankenbed :)
I guess I like a very soft bed that is supportive, which I didn't know before (or realize). I will call Shawn to discuss later today.  OUCH!!!!! 

Currently I have with this with the sleepez 10000 that makes is ok & slightly comfy, but hardly worth $1550 :(

3:" FBM memory foam 15 ILD , 5.5lbs topper
2.8 Latex medium 30-32 ILD
2.8 Latex firm  38-40 ILD
2.8 Latex x-firm 44 ILD
This message was modified Dec 27, 2007 by novahelp
Reply #15 Dec 27, 2007 7:01 PM
I would check with Shawn about the advisability of trading your extra firm layer for a soft layer.  I find that latex is supportive even when the ILD is low (unlike memory foam).
Reply #16 Dec 27, 2007 10:30 PM
Novahelp, I would ask Shawn to change the bottom two firm and extra firm layers for two medium ILD layers.  I know before I got any 44 ILD's here, my bed was too soft and I was amazed at the difference between a 36 ILD and a 44 ILD. So I would return the 44 ILD and maybe the 38 ILD and get all 32 ILD's in your case.

I like a firm bed so that configuration would be too soft for me.  For myself I am finding the new medium soft (wish it was very soft instead) 1.5" topper is not good for me since it is too firm right next to my body and I have to keep it on a 44 ILD to be somewhat comfortable since over a 36 ILD it is so uncomfortable with too much thickness. If it was very soft (my fault since Dave at FloBeds.com asked me what I wanted and I had no idea what the ILD on my 1" overstock topper was), I would sink in despite being only about 100 lbs and have some cushion but still feel the 36 ILD underneath me with the two 44 ILD's. I am going to go upstairs right now and put my 1" topper back on over the 36 ILD over two 44 ILD's to get to the way I was comfortable before. I just did not like the fact that the overstock 1" topper was falling apart. If this is perfect again for me, I will call Dave to ask him to get me a 1" very soft Talalay Latex Topper since I gave back my 2" Talalay latex topper since it was too soft for me. :)  We have the opposite problem with me liking my beds very firm but with a little cushion. Due to my car accident and hurting my back and neck, Dave said he'd give me more time to try out the topper he was going to send me.  That is great customer service.  MY bed was at first too soft and I needed to do so many latex layers exhanges and I was amazed that I liked my bed so firm. But now I am finding out I like very very soft toppers that are thin.

But I heard Shawn at SleepEz..com gives good customer service also. Find out how many latex layer exchanges you can do. Hopefully Shawn will exchange two of the latex layers for you.

Reply #17 Dec 27, 2007 11:42 PM
After changing the topper, I found out that the 1.5" latex topper is a 22-23 ILD and not too firm but just not as soft as my 17 ILD latex topper. Maybe I needed a 15 ILD or maybe I just need to try the 1" topper tonight and tomorrow try the 1.5" topper over a 44 ILD over a 36ILD over a 44 ILD to see if this will be good since I just tired the 1.5" ILD over the floor and it was so comfortable.  I had my bed so comfortable and perfect before my car accident. Now with 5 herniated disks, I have to reconfigure it a bit. I am glad I at least can do this with my zippered cover. If I had a bed that I was stuck with the configuration, I would now be trying different toppers and hoping my bed would be too firm and not too soft since it is easier to soften a bed than make it firmer. 

Novahelp, do you have two sides of the bed or one big latex piece that covers both sides of the bed? If you have the split cores like I do, you could try the soft over a medium over a medium over a firm on your side to see if this would work. I love having split layers allowing me more combinations.

Reply #18 Dec 28, 2007 12:37 AM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Novahelp, I would ask Shawn to change the bottom two firm and extra firm layers for two medium ILD layers.  I know before I got any 44 ILD's here, my bed was too soft and I was amazed at the difference between a 36 ILD and a 44 ILD. So I would return the 44 ILD and maybe the 38 ILD and get all 32 ILD's in your case.

I like a firm bed so that configuration would be too soft for me.  For myself I am finding the new medium soft (wish it was very soft instead) 1.5" topper is not good for me since it is too firm right next to my body and I have to keep it on a 44 ILD to be somewhat comfortable since over a 36 ILD it is so uncomfortable with too much thickness. If it was very soft (my fault since Dave at FloBeds.com asked me what I wanted and I had no idea what the ILD on my 1" overstock topper was), I would sink in despite being only about 100 lbs and have some cushion but still feel the 36 ILD underneath me with the two 44 ILD's. I am going to go upstairs right now and put my 1" topper back on over the 36 ILD over two 44 ILD's to get to the way I was comfortable before. I just did not like the fact that the overstock 1" topper was falling apart. If this is perfect again for me, I will call Dave to ask him to get me a 1" very soft Talalay Latex Topper since I gave back my 2" Talalay latex topper since it was too soft for me. :)  We have the opposite problem with me liking my beds very firm but with a little cushion. Due to my car accident and hurting my back and neck, Dave said he'd give me more time to try out the topper he was going to send me.  That is great customer service.  MY bed was at first too soft and I needed to do so many latex layers exhanges and I was amazed that I liked my bed so firm. But now I am finding out I like very very soft toppers that are thin.

But I heard Shawn at SleepEz..com gives good customer service also. Find out how many latex layer exchanges you can do. Hopefully Shawn will exchange two of the latex layers for you.

Thanks for the thoughts.  The 10,000 unit only has 3 latex layers, the top memory foam layer I added after the awful sleep I got last night. The memory foam makes this bed tolerable while I wait to talk with shawn.  I did call Shawn today, left message and have not yet heard back.
Reply #19 Dec 28, 2007 12:40 AM
Lynn2006 wrote:
After changing the topper, I found out that the 1.5" latex topper is a 22-23 ILD and not too firm but just not as soft as my 17 ILD latex topper. Maybe I needed a 15 ILD or maybe I just need to try the 1" topper tonight and tomorrow try the 1.5" topper over a 44 ILD over a 36ILD over a 44 ILD to see if this will be good since I just tired the 1.5" ILD over the floor and it was so comfortable.  I had my bed so comfortable and perfect before my car accident. Now with 5 herniated disks, I have to reconfigure it a bit. I am glad I at least can do this with my zippered cover. If I had a bed that I was stuck with the configuration, I would now be trying different toppers and hoping my bed would be too firm and not too soft since it is easier to soften a bed than make it firmer. 

Novahelp, do you have two sides of the bed or one big latex piece that covers both sides of the bed? If you have the split cores like I do, you could try the soft over a medium over a medium over a firm on your side to see if this would work. I love having split layers allowing me more combinations.

I have it split sides. I guess I could try:

Medium
Medium
Firm

When I get Shawn to call me back I assume he will send me their split soft 22 ILD layer. Hopefully the soft can make this thing comfortable! :)

Recent Posts