Natural Latex mattress Sam's Club
Apr 2, 2010 4:07 PM
This is made by Latex International, sold at Sam's Club.  I just was googling all Natural latex and found this.  Anyone?  Click here.
Re: Natural Latex mattress Sam's Club
Reply #13 Apr 10, 2010 4:13 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

It does say there is 3" of softer latex on top of the core, 1" of super soft and 2" of soft.  And I thought we already established that the Sam's Club 100% natural organic mattress, the one with the cotton and wool cover, is Dunlop, mfg by Latexco.  The other mattress they offer is blended LI Talalay latex and has a different type cover (I need to go back and check the cover).

As Emily Latila said "Never Mind".  I was confusing the two mattresses.

But I did learn I will not buy the LI Green model because it is only 3" latex, underneath is Reflex?  It doesn't pay to get in a hurry, and it does pay to over research, LOL. "Progressive support mid and substrate layers consist of Reflex® high density, high resilience (HR" wouldn't you say this wasn't latex?

Yes, you are correct Kimberly the Latexco is Dunlop and Jim is correct that since it is Dunlop the ILD are probably okay then.

Well now isn't this all confusing surprise

This message was modified Apr 10, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #14 Apr 10, 2010 5:55 PM
Okay, I didn't catch that about the other latex bed (the blended one).  That makes the decision a lot easier.  When I compare the Costco mattress to the Sam's Club 100% latex mattress, to my thinking, even though it's about $250 more, it's a much better value on two fronts:

1) It's made in the US and not from suspicously sourced latex (meaning that we don't know where/how the latex is manufactured)

2) It has a much better cover, organic cotton and wool (not that I'm an organic freak, but the top is a knit cotton and wool, which is better than the Costco mattress and will be MUCH more likely to dissipate any heat build up)

3) It's a full twin size, whereas the Costco model is short an inch.

4) It looks like the foundation is much higher quality than the Costco foundation.

Okay, that's 4 things not two.  Anyway, I'm personally convinced the Sam's Club model is better.

Reply #15 Apr 14, 2010 12:59 PM
Internet search shows that this mattress is made by Innomax. They call it:

WHITE NIGHT PREMIUM ORGANIC NATURAL LATEX MATTRESS

http://www.innomax.com/index.php?crn=238&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click

It is a part of they Natural Reserve collection.

The company has been around for 30+ years, but I have a difficulty locating reliable user reviews of this product.

Unfortunately, the only locations where one can see their products on display are in Colorado (Denver, Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs). It would be interesting to get more first-hand accounts of using this product. Only 1 review on Sam's Web site (of king size mattress).

Reply #16 Apr 15, 2010 5:01 PM
Interesting.  I went to this website and phoned Innomax.  They confirmed that the Dunlop latex is Latexco, and they also quoted me a $1,636 price for a twin (not sure if shipping was included in that).  The price on Sam's Club was $1,049 for the twin, with another $260 or so for the foundation . . . shipping included.
Reply #17 Sep 19, 2010 10:08 PM
"The 3\" top layer with Ultra-Form 5-zone" = polyurethane foam with "Two more additional layers of 3\" latex" So NOT 100% latex
Reply #18 Sep 27, 2010 11:05 AM
Marlene wrote:

"The 3\" top layer with Ultra-Form 5-zone" = polyurethane foam with "Two more additional layers of 3\" latex" So NOT 100% latex

what? where are you getting this from? source, please?

or is this deliberate misinformation on your part?

Reply #19 Sep 28, 2010 12:57 PM
Roy, I don't know whether Marlene's misinformation is "deliberate," but it is misinformation.  I replied to her about the issue in this thread:

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/costco-latex-mattress-vs-sams-club-latex-mattress/11296-0-1.html.

Specifically:

"No Marlene, you are wrong. 

Sam's Club sells two latex mattresses.  One is 100% latex and the other is not.  These mattresses are made by Innomax.

The American Sleep Organic Mattress  sold by Sam's Club is a 100% latex mattress.  It is the same as the White Night Premium Organic Sleep System sold by Innomax.  The "ultra form" you mention just refers to zoned Dunlop latex.  Innomax sources their latex from Latexco, which makes zoned Dunlop latex.

The American Sleep Eco-Green Latex Mattress sold by Sam's Club is not 100% latex.  It is the same as the Allura Natural Latex Sleep System sold by Innomax."

The links take you to the two latex mattresses sold by Sam's Club, the identical latex mattresses sold under the Innomax label, and to the Latexco web site, where you can read about their zoned Dunlop latex.

This message was modified Sep 28, 2010 by KimberlyH
Reply #20 Sep 29, 2010 11:15 AM
KimberlyH wrote:

Roy, I don't know whether Marlene's misinformation is "deliberate," but it is misinformation.  I replied to her about the issue in this thread:

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/forum/costco-latex-mattress-vs-sams-club-latex-mattress/11296-0-1.html.

Specifically:

"No Marlene, you are wrong. 

Sam's Club sells two latex mattresses.  One is 100% latex and the other is not.  These mattresses are made by Innomax.

The American Sleep Organic Mattress  sold by Sam's Club is a 100% latex mattress.  It is the same as the White Night Premium Organic Sleep System sold by Innomax.  The "ultra form" you mention just refers to zoned Dunlop latex.  Innomax sources their latex from Latexco, which makes zoned Dunlop latex.

The American Sleep Eco-Green Latex Mattress sold by Sam's Club is not 100% latex.  It is the same as the Allura Natural Latex Sleep System sold by Innomax."

The links take you to the two latex mattresses sold by Sam's Club, the identical latex mattresses sold under the Innomax label, and to the Latexco web site, where you can read about their zoned Dunlop latex.

Thanks but are you sure they are exactly the same?

This message was modified Sep 29, 2010 by roy1
Reply #21 Sep 29, 2010 1:12 PM
Go to the links for each mattress and read the descriptions.  They are identical.
Reply #22 Oct 19, 2010 11:51 AM
I meant to say that they are not identical. If you read the measurements/thickness of layers. The first layer on Sams club is different then the first layer on the other mattress that you say is identical.

Recent Posts