Natural Latex mattress Sam's Club
Apr 2, 2010 4:07 PM
This is made by Latex International, sold at Sam's Club.  I just was googling all Natural latex and found this.  Anyone?  Click here.
Re: Natural Latex mattress Sam's Club
Reply #3 Apr 3, 2010 5:49 PM
The cover itself would probably be responsible for almost all the price difference.  Wool and Organic Cotton Cover > Polyester cover....but yeah the core itself sounds similar.
Reply #4 Apr 3, 2010 7:37 PM
Looks like a real bargain, especially in the larger sizes! Is it firmer than the Costco mattress?
This message was modified Apr 3, 2010 by luke
Reply #5 Apr 3, 2010 11:16 PM
The first latex link is blended I believe, and is made by "Latex International" that alone is a good thing.  The second link is as Budgy said, it is organic wool, and cotton.  It is natural latex, it is zoned also.  Nobody here (that I know of) has bought a zoned latex bed.

They both are made in USA, the Natural Latex is organic and made in USA (however it doesn't say Latex International).  I sent emails with questions to the manufacturer.

Reply #6 Apr 4, 2010 2:16 AM
Someone already asked about this click here and I missed it then.
Reply #7 Apr 5, 2010 1:03 PM
Leo, did you find out where the latex for the 100% natural is sourced?  Is it Dunlop or Talalay? LI or another manufacturer?
Reply #8 Apr 5, 2010 4:08 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

Leo, did you find out where the latex for the 100% natural is sourced?  Is it Dunlop or Talalay? LI or another manufacturer?

The first link (natural latex) is Latex International (Sam's Club website states that) the second link (organic latex) is not stated, but someone here said it was Latexco (USA) Dunlop (see that link above your posting).

I haven't heard back on my emails yet.

This message was modified Apr 5, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #9 Apr 9, 2010 4:21 PM
Just thought I should post the email reply here:

This is for the

American Sleep Organic Mattress

Thank you for your inquiry,

Regarding your questions:
1) The layers are glued together with Saba organic glue.
2) The Latex is manufactured by Latexco
3) This mattress is not floored at any SAM'S CLUBs.

Please let us know if we maybe of any further assistance.

Thank you again,

I have to wonder how firm the core is since it is (see below)

• 1” top layer of Body Contouring Ultra-Plush (18 ILD) 100% Natural Latex creates an incredible responsive and resilient sleep environment
  • 2” layer of Medium-Firm (24 ILD) Cushioning Layer adjusts to shape and weight of body providing Progressive Support
  • 6” Ultra-Form 5-Zone (28-32 ILD) Substrate Base Layer provides Posturized Support for Superior Spinal Alignment and heavenly feel
  • Re: Natural Latex mattress Sam's Club
    Reply #10 Apr 9, 2010 7:15 PM
    I would write back and ask specifically whether it is Dunlop or Talalay processed latex because in my experience it makes a HUGE difference.

If my Dunlop layer from SleepEZ was labeled correctly (and I think it is), then a 32ILD Dunlop natural feels more like a 36-38ILD Talalay natural.

So, I think that the ILD's they give, if it's Dunlop would be firm enough. In fact you might need to put a super soft Talalay layer on top if that is the case.

However, it does look like a very good price with shipping included. Almost makes me want to try one. Do they have the same easy return and refund policy that CostCo does? If so, I would say, go for it.

Reply #11 Apr 9, 2010 9:05 PM
    Good eye Jim!  I never thought about that, sometimes they say natural and it could be Dunlop instead of Talalay.  I will email them back.  Thanks.

jimsocal wrote:

I would write back and ask specifically whether it is Dunlop or Talalay processed latex because in my experience it makes a HUGE difference.
    This message was modified Apr 9, 2010 by Leo3
    Reply #12 Apr 10, 2010 10:32 AM
    jimsocal wrote:

If my Dunlop layer from SleepEZ was labeled correctly (and I think it is), then a 32ILD Dunlop natural feels more like a 36-38ILD Talalay natural.

So, I think that the ILD's they give, if it's Dunlop would be firm enough. In fact you might need to put a super soft Talalay layer on top if that is the case.

However, it does look like a very good price with shipping included. Almost makes me want to try one. Do they have the same easy return and refund policy that CostCo does? If so, I would say, go for it.

It does say there is 3" of softer latex on top of the core, 1" of super soft and 2" of soft.  And I thought we already established that the Sam's Club 100% natural organic mattress, the one with the cotton and wool cover, is Dunlop, mfg by Latexco.  The other mattress they offer is blended LI Talalay latex and has a different type cover (I need to go back and check the cover).

This message was modified Apr 10, 2010 by KimberlyH

Recent Posts