How do you know when its too soft or too firm
Feb 15, 2010 10:49 AM

I just purchased a Sleepez 13000 and followed Shawn’s recommendations on how I should configure my 4 layers. It’s only been 3 nights on the current configuration and will give it at least 4 more before I reconfigure. I just don’t know how to determine if the bed is too soft or too firm and any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This message was modified Feb 15, 2010 by Prowler
Re: How do you know when its too soft or too firm
Reply #11 Feb 15, 2010 5:39 PM
Not that it matters, but who did you talk to?  Shawn?  It does matter if the soft is on top, it is a comfort layer.  Just adjust it as you want to, that is what is great about layers not being glued together, and having a zippered covered.  Change it until you are happy.

You are fortunate to have so many layers that are different ILD's to work with, maybe putting the soft on the second layer would help, or move it to the top.  Not sure why they told you it didn't matter.
Reply #12 Feb 15, 2010 5:47 PM
Leo3 wrote:
Not that it matters, but who did you talk to?  Shawn?  It does matter if the soft is on top, it is a comfort layer.  Just adjust it as you want to, that is what is great about layers not being glued together, and having a zippered covered.  Change it until you are happy.

You are fortunate to have so many layers that are different ILD's to work with, maybe putting the soft on the second layer would help, or move it to the top.  Not sure why they told you it didn't matter.

Yeah spoke to Shawn and he explained that he would suggest I start with the m/f/xf/s and that because I have 4 layers I would never feel the 4th layer so placing soft there would not make a difference. I figured I would give it 7-10 days before adjusting....is that the right thing to do?
This message was modified Feb 15, 2010 by Prowler
Reply #13 Feb 15, 2010 6:24 PM
I am not sure why you would want the extra layer if you can't feel it?  I think it does make a difference though.  Their pieces seem  pretty firm compared to flobeds.  If it were me, I would probably need the soft (22-24) on top.   I would probably have that over the medium and that over the firm over extra firm.  Not sure I would even need the 4th layer on the bottom.   But the XF is so firm, that having it on the bottom may not make much difference.

If that is too soft, then I would try the medium on top over the soft over the firm over the XF.  If that is too soft, then I would probably try with only 3 layers.

However, the configuations that would work for me are probably softer than you already have.  If you are already having back pain, then they might not work for you.

Everyone is different, so you are going to have to experiment.   If you are having back pain, then it seems like something is not right.  Did you have back pain before you got this mattress? 

This message was modified Feb 15, 2010 by sandman

Recent Posts