Help! Help! I'm about to decide!
May 5, 2010 1:28 PM
I'm almost ready (I hope) to make a decision. I compared both SleepEZ's 10,000 and 13,000 models with FloBeds' Posture Select & Posture Deluxe models in both blended and natural/organic. I've made myself a pro/con/price chart between SleepEZ & FloBeds, and SleepEZ comes out way ahead on the price, which is a huge deal for me. Including foundation, legs and shipping, SleepEZ's top of the line product comes out for less $ than FloBeds' cheapest product. There are no sales right now at FloBeds, and I know people have said they followed the site daily and ended up getting refunds as sales occurred but I probably won't do that for 90 days.

Unless someone can tell me something that makes the $$$ difference worth it, lets assume I'm going with SleepEZ. But I have just a few more issues and hope anyone with experience can help me out. 

1) What are the reasons to get the 13" mattress over the 10"?

2) Blended vs. natural Talalay... still can't decide who is right and who is wrong on this!

3) SleepEz says I can mix Dunlop and Talalay layers, is there a good reason to do this? Like Dunlop for the bottom layer(s)?

Re: Help! Help! I'm about to decide!
Reply #10 May 6, 2010 12:01 PM
Flobeds thicker wool filled cover,  generous exchange/return policy, and customer service is worth something.   You may want to call ask if they can give you the "sale" price now.  I have found that companies are often flexible on things like this, but not sure about Flobeds. 

They will probably be flexible on the convolued topper as well.  They would probably allow you to exchange it for something else or return just that layer if you want.  Call and ask them.

I think 10-11" is probably enough.  If there is only a small price difference (15% or less) I would probably go with 100% natural over blended.  The 100% natural might be a bit denser and more supportive.  However, I don't think there is a huge difference.

Reply #11 May 6, 2010 12:40 PM
Hi cynical,

I've had no experience with Sleepez, and many are very happy with their beds and they have a great reputation, but I just want to reiterate what Kimberly and eagle have so eloquently stated. Thanks to their reasurrance, I bought a Flobed and although I'm still tweaking it due to health problems, I can't say enough about the wonderful service, consideration and care Flobeds provides for their customers. I've never been so impressed with a company before! Exchanging layers costs only return shipping. For me (I live in CA) it was 25.00 to exchange 2 layers, and you can do this as many times as you need.

Dewey and Dave go out of their way to please you. They truly care about your comfort and I am so glad I went with them over other companies. They are customizing a vZone for me, who else would do that?

Yes, money is always an issue and you are the only one who knows what your bottom line is. I have the 12 inch three layer natural latex and have absolutely no heat issue. I am post-menopausal also. I have no experience with blended, but I did try dunlop (not Flobeds) and it felt hard as granite to me!

As eagle suggested, call them or email and ask about replacing the convoluted topper with something else... ask them everything before you buy. Call Sleepez too.

Always be sure you can get a refund, no matter where or who you buy from :-)

Natalie

This message was modified May 6, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #12 May 6, 2010 12:56 PM
To be fair to Sleepez, I believe they may have a similar exchange policy to Flobeds.  I would suggest you call each company to discuss the return/exchange policy before making a decision.  The Sleepez site still says one exchange (I think) but everyone says that they are accomodating about multiple exchanges.
Reply #13 May 6, 2010 5:54 PM
I went with Sleepez for cost reasons - we have a queen Organic 10000.  I am yet another overweight middle-aged woman and, although not quite menopausal, have always had issues with sleeping hot - I just cannot abide being too warm at night.  I have had no problems at all with being too hot in my new bed - it's far cooler than our ancient innerspring with a 2" MF topper was.

I've never seen the Flobeds cover, but the Sleepez organic cover looks perfectly presentable.  When it's all assembled it looks like, well, a mattress. smiley

Natural vs. Blended: If dust mite allergies and/or offgassing concerns are even part of your reason for considering latex, then you may want to go with natural.  I wanted hypo-allergenic and am allergic to mold and dust mites so I went with 100% natural, botanical latex (pillows, too) and slapped mite-proof covers on everything. I am breathing soooo much easier now - I don't even want to think what was in that old bed.

Good luck - I know it's a big decision 'cause I just did it myself!

Robin

Reply #14 May 6, 2010 7:11 PM
im not sure what they mean by 2oz of wool...if thats for the whole mattress thats about equivalent to how much wool is in the top of an S brand bed when they mix it with polyester.

2oz per square yard perhaps?  still not very much, thats literally just an ultra thin wool lining, if you could even call it that.  2" of wool depending on how its carded would probably be between 20~40 oz per square yard.  maybe you should just email sleepez to clarify?

Reply #15 May 9, 2010 12:58 PM
Thanks for all the help here. FloBeds is having a sale now, but still more than the most expensive option at SleepEz. sad Anyway, I guess I could make up the difference in the wool padding with an added wool topper if necessary. Budgy, that silk duvet you posted info about in the other thread looks gorgeous, I would never have thought to look for something like that. I looked at their website... a girl could get positively  spoiled on that stuff.
Reply #16 May 9, 2010 1:53 PM
yes....we are quite used to those from the feminine persuasion getting a little excited about their products, lol
Reply #17 May 9, 2010 4:16 PM
Budgy, on the Ergosoft thread I had a question for you regarding Latex Green.  Since Dunlop latex was one of Cynicaljones questions, can you answer this?  In regards to the labeling of their latex they seem to measure like memory foam, 4.75 lb. and 16-18 IFD.  Is that pretty accurate or is it really more dense and firm than 16-18 IFD.
This message was modified May 9, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #18 May 10, 2010 12:58 AM
it is wierd to measure the density of it.  I don't buy direct from Latex Green so I really couldn't answer.  as to whether it would feel firmer than memory foam of the same density that is a pretty bold generalization to make.  you can change how firm or soft memory foam is without changing the density.
Reply #19 May 10, 2010 1:25 AM
Did you ever decide on which mattress to get?  If it makes any difference in your deliberations, let me say that I've been working with my daughter on her bed.  She's been using the old comforter for several days now, and her complaints are lessened.

I still think it will be a good idea for me to get her a wool protector (not topper, she wouldn't tolerate any shifting around of the topper) and since she's switched back to her old, thinner comforter, I'll be buying her a new lightweight comforter as well (alas, not the silk one Budgy linked - that looks like more than I can afford).

This message was modified May 10, 2010 by KimberlyH

Recent Posts