Beckley vs. Viviteque (Latex) Round 1
May 19, 2008 4:18 PM
I have been watching this forum for sometime now. I am amazed with the wealth of information that is on here. You guys know your stuff. I have narrowed down my options.

1) Beckley Bristol in the medium firm (I have a platform bed so they said it would make it more like a firm with that set up). I will probably add some form of topper to this bed.

2) Viveteque 6 inch firm Dunlop Latex mattress as the main foundation. I will add a Talalay latex topper to this, or maybe wool/down.

I have a herniated disk in the lumbar region. I realize being in So Cal that I cannot check out the Beckleys. I have read nothing but good things about them from people on the forum, and some people who found them firm worked it out. They never said they hated it. I have also read that latex is bad for this type of back injury. The latex feels good, but I do not want to spend that much (2200) on a mattress that I will hate in 3 months. I like the feel of a good mattress. Hotel mattresses feel nice, but do not hold up over time. That is the "feel" I am going for.

ANYone who can provide insight or suggestions, I am very thankful for. I want this process to be over, and not to spend any more money on my sleep!

Thank you all. It has been great to see support and such insight on a subject I think people don't really think about, but that is VERY important.

Cheers!

Sweepy

Recent Posts