Already have some latex toppers...help me pick the correct ILD cores to make an all-latex bed
Jan 30, 2008 6:11 PM
Right now I have a 2" 32 ILD and 1" 24 ILD topper from Latex International on top of a firm innerspring mattress.

I originally started with the 2" 32 ILD and that didn't alleviate my hip numbness at all (side sleeper, 150-160 lbs).  The 1" 24 ILD helped, but I think I need a little more thickness, so I was considering ordering another 1" 24 ILD from sleeplikeabear.com (who has been excellent).  Problem is, my bed is already getting tall and I really don't want it to be another 1" in height.

So, if I were to build a complete Latex bed (10-12" overall height is the goal), what density ILD cores should I be looking at?  I was even thinking of getting something cheap for the bottom-most layer (maybe from foambymail or something) and then another Latex International topper so at least the top half is all good quality latex.  Foambymail has a 6" latex core with an average ILD of 36 for CHEAP, but I'm not sure that's dense enough for the bottom layer.

What ILDs would you get for the bottom layers to go underneath what I already have to give me good support while alleviating pressure points?  Should/can I go cheap on the bottom layers?  Please help me build my bed!

Thanks!

This message was modified Jan 30, 2008 by jkozlow3

Recent Posts