Can you recommend any good places in southern Houston?
Oct 25, 2010 2:39 AM
Hubby and I have a Simmons Beautyrest that is dead-dead-dead.  Usual story.  Wonderful for the first 6-8 months, started getting worse, and now not even 4 years later it's giving us both pretty bad backaches.  And we didn't have a cover, so it's stained, which means no warranty replacement.

Gr.

So, we're trying to find a new mattress that we could actually afford.  I'm leaning toward going for one of the basic firm innersprings.  We already have a 1.5" memory foam topper which has helped even out the bed a *little*, so we could put that on a mattress.

Unfortunately, our budget is pretty tight, so I'm really trying to find a good deal, if there is such a thing.

I do know that neither of us likes the tempurpedic at all.  I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that we wouldn't like pure latex any more than we do pure memory foam.

So far, the best I can find is having to go with one of the (*shudder*) S brands.

Thanks!

Re: Can you recommend any good places in southern Houston?
Reply #5 Oct 25, 2010 3:48 PM
We are also in the market for a new mattress and live in Houston.  I am focused on a healthy one and have found a store in Houston called New Living (http://www.newliving.net/) on Kirby we are looking at the Green Leaf Supreme by Keetsa (non toxci memory foam) and the Lago by OMI (latex).  Another store that carries a healthy mattress is One Green Street, I believe the model they carrie is the Serene by Natura.

Good luck!

Recent Posts