WTB KING mattres but what to buy... needs help
Dec 31, 2009 9:57 PM
I am looking to get a new mattress so i hope i found the RIGHT PLACE.

right now i belive i have a sealy perfect sleeper double pillow top king mattress.

yeah was great for the first bit we had it .   Problem is major saggin and OMG maintinaince flip turn flip turn.  turn flip turn flip

i am looking for a good quality mattress that i wont have to think of it as a second job to maintain.

i have no idea of what and  where to start looking. perhaps in the 1500-1800 range.

wife and i both have allergies. Wife has a latex allergy and She is really concerned  (TY TV SHOWS) about bed bugs and mites.

we both like to use our bed warmers (like a sheet)

I hope these things may help me slim down the MANY choices and perhaps get me on a path

Thank You
Chris
This message was modified Dec 31, 2009 by chris19938
Re: WTB KING mattres but what to buy... needs help
Reply #2 Jan 2, 2010 4:50 PM
WE tried out 2 mattress' today

Sealy Posturepedic SPRING FREE Firm
Sealy Posturepedic TrueForm Reflection Bay Cushon Firm EuroTop

we liked them both but the memory foam was a lil tuff when you want to roll over.  the lates was more forgiving but a bit softer then the other.

looking at sleepez.com to try and compare. looks like flobeds is out of my price range.

any thoughts here
Reply #3 Jan 2, 2010 8:27 PM
My main input is that the sealy mattresses are not 100% latex.  There is a little latex and a very lot of PU foam . . . which will put you right back in the "Sag" situation.  If you're interested in latex, you need to try one out that is 100% latex. . .

Not sure where you live, but with some judicious searching, both online and in the yellow pages, I was able to find three places locally to try several brands of 100% latex mattresses.

If Flobeds is out of your price range, you might try sleeplikeabear (same thing, you buy the latex layers and a zippered mattress cover) or people seem to like sleepez and one other company, can't remember the name offhand.

I would phone and talk to these companies about 1) your weight 2) your preferred sleeping position 3) whether you generally like your mattress firmer or softer.  They will then be able to counsel you about what firmness to get.

Be sure and go with a company that offers you a comfort guarantee and good return policy, in case the mattress doesn't work out for you.
Reply #4 Jan 3, 2010 4:49 PM
ty very much for the reply.

i figured sealy said LATEX hmm guess a bit of a twisted advertisment glad i asked here

Recent Posts