Who has the cheapest Dunlop latex in 1-2" thickness?
Feb 3, 2008 10:39 PM
I've searched the net and this forum and have not found a clear answer to this:

Who sells Dunlop latex in 1" to 3" thicknesses? Does anyone with a return or exchange policy sell Dunlop latex?

So far about all I've found is full mattresses cores...

Just found this: Can someone look at the picture and tell me : isn't this Dunlop latex? I didn't see anywhere in the description that it says Dunlop but as I recall, it looks like Dunlop... no? but it says "natural" latex...

http://www.absolutecomfortonsale.com/latexfoam.htm#prices

This message was modified Feb 3, 2008 by jimsocal
Re: Who has the cheapest Dunlop latex in 1-2" thickness?
Reply #15 Feb 5, 2008 12:42 PM
jimsocal wrote:
Thanks for this. I had looked at this before and it is on my short list, but it doesn't say what the ILD's are of the topper. Have you by any chance asked?

Jim, Read my post above. I DID ask them. It is 22-28-22.
Reply #16 Feb 6, 2008 11:43 AM
kimmcgov wrote:
Jim, Read my post above. I DID ask them. It is 22-28-22.

I wrote them before I saw this post. Finally they got back to me and they told me it is 24 - 30- 24. So it appears they are guessing. And all they have left is the Queen size.
I wanted a twin or a king (to cut in half if it was cheaper than 2 twins). Since it's zoned, the Queen would be a waste of money for me. If I cut it to twin size, the piece left over would be basically wasted.

Weird, though: I looked all over the net, and found NO ONE ELSE selling this topper!
This message was modified Feb 6, 2008 by jimsocal
Reply #17 Feb 6, 2008 1:08 PM
Well,   this one seems to win the prize for the cheapest Dunlop processed topper in 1-2" thickness. AND free shipping. Total price for a Twin size 2" "medium firm" 26ILD  is $154.95.

https://www.sleepwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=35&strVarSel=578,584,590&strCompare=

SleepWarehouse 100% Natural Latex mattress topper pads at extremely competitive pricing!  Latex toppers are available in 2, 3 and 4 inch thick configurations in a Medium-Soft 16-18 ILD 4.75 lb density and our all new Medium-Firm 26 ILD 5.2 lb density toppers. 

All latex pads are cut to full mattress sizing.  Our latex toppers are manufactured via the Dunlop process resulting in a high quality, most supportive and comfortable latex toppers available.  No harmful additives, just 100% all natural latex.

****My only question now is: Is a 26ILD firm enough for the hip layer in a mattress? Even though Dunlop is "firmer" than Talalay?

This message was modified Feb 6, 2008 by jimsocal
Reply #18 Feb 7, 2008 3:47 AM
I bought my 4 lbs. 2" memory foam topper through SleepWarehouse. Too bad I couldn't trade it for a 2" latex topper! :) I had bought my memory foam topper through Amazon.com, but it came from SleepWarehouse. It was less expensive at Amazon. Too bad they didn't have the latex cheaper, too.

jimsocal wrote:
Well,   this one seems to win the prize for the cheapest Dunlop processed topper in 1-2&quot; thickness. AND free shipping. Total price for a Twin size 2&quot; &quot;medium firm&quot; 26ILD  is $154.95.<BR><BR>https://www.sleepwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&amp;ProdID=35&amp;strVarSel=578,584,590&amp;strCompare=<BR><p><font size="2" face="Arial">SleepWarehouse 100% Natural Latex mattress topper pads at extremely competitive pricing!  Latex toppers are available in 2, 3 and 4 inch thick configurations in a Medium-Soft 16-18 ILD 4.75 lb density and our all new Medium-Firm 26 ILD 5.2 lb density toppers. </font></p> <p><font size="2" face="Arial">All latex pads are cut to full mattress sizing.  Our latex toppers are manufactured via the Dunlop process resulting in a high quality, most supportive and comfortable latex toppers available.  No harmful additives, just 100% all natural latex.</font></p><p>****My only question now is: Is a 26ILD firm enough for the hip layer in a mattress? Even though Dunlop is &quot;firmer&quot; than Talalay?<br type="_moz"/>
Reply #19 Feb 7, 2008 2:19 PM
Just got this back from foamorder.com , F.Y.I.:

"Our 100% natural latex and natural pads are Dunlop processed. Our "soft" pads have around a 25 ILD.   We do have the following in Clearance:

100% natural latex foam mattress pad 2" thick, long twin size (38x80), medium density. This is not a normal stock item for us, but it is on hand and ready to ship! This is a brand new piece. price $174.16.

We can custom cut 100% natural Dunlop latex.  A piece that is 37x25x1 is $33.13.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us directly by phone at 859-971-2531 (Mon.-Fri. 9-6, Sat. 12-6 Eastern Time) or by e-mail at rodney.stewart@foamorder.com "

I assume this means they can cut various ILD's and thicknesses of Dunlop but I don't know that for sure yet. If they can cut various densities, this will be the best source, for me.

So with Dunlop, now, should I buy 2 x 1" layers or One 2" layer? Will the 2x1" layers feel softer than the one x 2" layer? How much softer, if at all?

Reply #20 Feb 7, 2008 6:01 PM
I don't understand the difference between these two XL Twin 2" natural latex (Dunlop) toppers they offer...except for the price. One is a lot less money. The one below is $116. The clearance one is $174.16 (medium). But the 3" one is the same price with different ILD options.

2" Solid NaturalSense™ 100% Natural Latex Mattress Pad
This is a soft mattress pad.

Long twin size (38x80):
Optional cotton cover $116.00
Clearance:

100% natural latex foam mattress pad 2" thick, long twin size (38x80), medium density. This is not a normal stock item for us, but it is on hand and ready to ship! This is a brand new piece. Original retail price $174.16 $174.16
*************************************************************************************
3" Long twin size (38x80):
$174.16
SoftMediumFirmExtra firm

jimsocal wrote:
Just got this back from foamorder.com , F.Y.I.:</p><p>&quot;Our 100% natural latex and natural pads are Dunlop processed. Our &quot;soft&quot; pads have around a 25 ILD.   We do have the following in Clearance:<BR><BR>100% natural latex foam mattress pad 2&quot; thick, long twin size (38x80), medium density. This is not a normal stock item for us, but it is on hand and ready to ship! This is a brand new piece. price $174.16.<BR><BR><strong>We can custom cut 100% natural Dunlop latex.  A piece that is 37x25x1 is $33.13.</strong><BR><font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us directly by phone at 859-971-2531 (Mon.-Fri. 9-6, Sat. 12-6 Eastern Time) or by e-mail at </span><span style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><a rel="nofollow"><font color="#003399">rodney.stewart@foamorder.com</font></a></span><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> &quot;</span></font></p><p><font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I assume this means they can cut various ILD's and thicknesses of Dunlop but I don't know that for sure yet. If they can cut various densities, this will be the best source, for me.</span></font></p><p><font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">So with Dunlop, now, should I buy 2 x 1&quot; layers or One 2&quot; layer? Will the 2x1&quot; layers feel softer than the one x 2&quot; layer? How much softer, if at all?</span></font>
Reply #21 Feb 8, 2008 9:57 AM
BeddyBye wrote:
I don't understand the difference between these two XL Twin 2&quot; natural latex (Dunlop) toppers they offer...except for the price. One is a lot less money. The one below is $116. The clearance one is $174.16 (medium). But the 3&quot; one is the same price with different ILD options. <BR><BR>2&quot; Solid NaturalSense™ 100% Natural Latex Mattress Pad<BR>This is a soft mattress pad.<BR><BR> Long twin size (38x80): <BR>Optional cotton cover $116.00<BR>**************************************************<BR>Clearance:<BR> <BR>100% natural latex foam mattress pad 2&quot; thick, long twin size (38x80), medium density. This is not a normal stock item for us, but it is on hand and ready to ship! This is a brand new piece. Original retail price $174.16 $174.16 <BR>*************************************************************************************<BR> 3&quot; Long twin size (38x80): <BR> $174.16<BR> SoftMediumFirmExtra firm <BR> *******************************************************************

I think foamorder.com normally only sells 2" natural latex in soft. They happen to have some 2" medium and have listed it on the clearance page even though they are charging full price because there is no other place to list it in their regular format. They always charge more for firmer latex - and other foam.

I also notice that Organic Selections has gotten rid of a lot of the latex topper choices they had just last week. They only have 6 inch cores and 2" toppers in soft. I wonder what is going on....
Reply #22 Feb 16, 2008 5:56 PM
jimsocal wrote:
Just got this back from foamorder.com , F.Y.I.:

"Our 100% natural latex and natural pads are Dunlop processed. Our "soft" pads have around a 25 ILD.   We do have the following in Clearance:

100% natural latex foam mattress pad 2" thick, long twin size (38x80), medium density. This is not a normal stock item for us, but it is on hand and ready to ship! This is a brand new piece. price $174.16.

We can custom cut 100% natural Dunlop latex.  A piece that is 37x25x1 is $33.13.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us directly by phone at 859-971-2531 (Mon.-Fri. 9-6, Sat. 12-6 Eastern Time) or by e-mail at rodney.stewart@foamorder.com "

I assume this means they can cut various ILD's and thicknesses of Dunlop but I don't know that for sure yet. If they can cut various densities, this will be the best source, for me.

So with Dunlop, now, should I buy 2 x 1" layers or One 2" layer? Will the 2x1" layers feel softer than the one x 2" layer? How much softer, if at all?

So I finally get ready to order from foamorder.com based on the above price they had given me of $33.13 for a piece 37x25x1, and so I ask about the shipping and the ILD's and such, and then they send me a new email stating that the price is actually $64 for each piece. I wrote them back and this is what they said:

"Mike,

All three cushions will cost $64.64 a piece.  Shipping is extra.  The soft will be around a 25 ILD and the medium will be around a 30 ILD.   The cushions would be non-returnable.  It takes us 10-14 days to get an order ready for shipping.

The price of $33.13 only included the price of the foam itself.  It did not include the price of the actually cutting of the cushions. 

Rodney"

So, basically, they are charging $31 per piece to cut the foam!!??? PLUS shipping! And not returnable.

This is an outrageous charge for cutting foam. The place I get my HR foam cuts it for free.  I will not be ordering from formaorder.com

Reply #23 Feb 16, 2008 11:25 PM
Just as well. It was a rip off at $33 (that's $100 for a 1" twin; $300 for 3" twin; $600 for a 3" king.
Reply #24 Feb 17, 2008 9:33 PM
mccldwll wrote:
Just as well. It was a rip off at $33 (that's $100 for a 1" twin; $300 for 3" twin; $600 for a 3" king.

Right. But at $33 a piece I would have just bought a couple of pieces to play with. No one else seems to have Dunlop availalbe in custom cut pieces.

So then I am stuck buying an entire Twin topper and cutting it up into 3 and in order to get 2 ILD's I have to then buy 2 different twin toppers.
And even that is hard to find. All I want are two pieces of Dunlop, 1" x 37-and-1/2" x 25" to use as zones for my twin mattress. Finding a cheap way of
getting those is the problem.

The cheapest I've found so far is the ebay sellers but their topper is 2-and-3/4" thick and I don't really want that thick of a topper, all in one ILD.

I'd get the zoned Natura(?) topper on sale at ? but they only have it in Queen size which would mean a lot of cutting and odd pieces leftover...

Recent Posts