Where can I buy a convoluted latex topper?
Sep 9, 2010 6:15 PM
If you know of any online retailers, please let me know.  Thanks!
Re: Where can I buy a convoluted latex topper?
Reply #1 Sep 9, 2010 9:05 PM
Someone recently bought 1 from Flobeds.com.  I have not heard of any other places, but try searching on google.
Reply #2 Sep 10, 2010 11:22 AM
I like eggcrates, and like latex, and have always wondered why latex eggcrates are so rare. I've wondered if maybe latex just isn't strong enough to stand the sideways stresses that the little protuberances are exposed to. After all, latex toppers careless handled will often tear under their own weight, something I have never seen PU do.

BTW I have often wondered about the more exaggerated PU eggcrates too, like the 2-1/2" some vendors sell, where the protuberances are most of the thickness, and the solid base only 1/2" or so. I would expect them to all get crushed down sideways, offering little cushioning or support. 

But then, from a vendors point of view, the cool thing about an eggcrate/convoluted foam is that it lets you sell the same piece of foam twice!

Reply #3 Sep 10, 2010 12:13 PM
The place sells 2" natural latex (I assume dunlop) eggrcrate.   They also sell 5.3lb. memory foam.

This is another possiblity.   Search on google and you will find some.  Information seems spotty though as to type of latex and firmnes.

This message was modified Sep 10, 2010 by sandman
Reply #4 Sep 11, 2010 5:25 PM

I like eggcrates, and like latex, and have always wondered why latex eggcrates are so rare. I've wondered if maybe latex just isn't strong enough to stand the sideways stresses that the little protuberances are exposed to. After all, latex toppers careless handled will often tear under their own weight, something I have never seen PU do.

That's definitely a concern of mine, that a latex eggcrate will be very fragile.  I need something soft and non-bouncy for my top layer, though, and I'm anti-memory foam (personally, not in principle).  

Someone recently bought 1 from Flobeds.com.

Their latex eggcrates look the sturdiest and I like the fact that I'd be purchasing from a reputable company.  Thanks for mentioning them smiley

Reply #5 Sep 11, 2010 6:07 PM
What does eggcrate do...cooler?

Recent Posts