Where is the best place to find a low cost slatted foundation?
Nov 11, 2008 2:36 PM
This is what I have found with my research over the last few days:

I found one on sleepez's site that looked like it would do the job. I called and he quoted $295 for a king, shipped. It looks like it has the correct spacing between the slats to adequately support a latex mattress. Then I tracked a older thread on here that pointed to CPS Wood Products and called them and was quoted $182 for a king plus $65 shipping to Oregon or a total of $247.  This is shipped form Tennessee.  I asked about the spacing as it looks a little wide and was told there was 4 7/8" between the slats putting it just a little too far apart for me.  Both of these frames have a ticking cover that looks like it slides on and pulls tight with a drawstring - they also both look like they could be taken apart relatively fast and moved a lot easier than other box springs.

Are there any other options reasonably priced?  I do need something that is at least 6 or 8 inches high to fit on my bedframe and would like it to be slatted, as the latex needs to breathe.  I see a few at IKEA but don't really think they would work with my current bedframe and the one that is closest is really tall (about a foot) and meant to store things underneath.  I like the idea of the Euro type with adjustable slats but don't want to spend more on that than the mattress itself. Are they worth it?

Bill

Recent Posts