Update on my Costco Latex
Mar 16, 2010 12:27 PM
A. just called Sleep Science who makes them, they will be available again in a month on costco.com

B. i have been sleeping on mine for a few weeks, not only no complaints but yesterday i threw my back out...the big test, what will it be like when my back is  out which it is 2 or 3 times a year for about a week...

FLYING COLORS!   NEVER BEFORE have I spent a night on a bed when my back is out as comfortable as last night...

Re: Update on my Costco Latex
Reply #9 Apr 19, 2010 8:42 PM
Carachi

Carachi...I received a similar shipping update. However, I don't believe it took two weeks for the shipping within Cali - the left column is the "estimated" dates that they expect those actions to take place, while the right column is the actual dates. So, while they expected your bed to ship out on the 6th, it actually didn't ship until the 14th and arrived at the dock on the same date. I am so anxious to get this bed, but my estimated delivery date isn't until 5/10 :(

Reply #10 Apr 20, 2010 4:11 PM
I emailed the shipper to find out why my mattress has been at the Cross Dock location for a week without being shipped. She said they are waiting for more products that are going to my area to consolidate the shipment. However, she did say that the estimated delivery date is still the same. I honestly don't remember being so excited to get something. There are so many times these past two weeks that I've kicked myself for not spending an extra $1K because I'd have my new mattress by now. Patience is a virtue that I don't have!
Reply #11 Apr 20, 2010 7:42 PM
Q119 wrote:

Carachi...I received a similar shipping update. However, I don't believe it took two weeks for the shipping within Cali - the left column is the "estimated" dates that they expect those actions to take place, while the right column is the actual dates. So, while they expected your bed to ship out on the 6th, it actually didn't ship until the 14th and arrived at the dock on the same date. I am so anxious to get this bed, but my estimated delivery date isn't until 5/10 :(

Yeah I was trying to be sarcastic saying it traveled for 2 weeks in california... from the dock to the truck.... lol
Im very excited to get my mattress as well, but I ordered my bedroom set from overstock 1 day before I jumped on the mattress so I am hoping they show up near each other so I dont end up sleeping with it on the floor for a couple of days... or sleeping with a queen size mattress in the middle of a cal king frame/
Reply #12 Apr 20, 2010 9:15 PM
Carachi wrote:

Yeah I was trying to be sarcastic saying it traveled for 2 weeks in california

Oh, yeah, I am usually better at picking up on the sarcasm...must have been a bad day for me :)

Let me know how you like it once you get it...you'll be getting it before me, so I'll be anxious to hear.

Reply #13 Apr 21, 2010 8:53 PM
Read all previous threads on the all latex Costco mattress and never considered Sam's club. Thank you for all the information.  My Costco queen latex mattress and foundation arrived today and is meant for the guest room.  Delivery guys were great.  The mattress does have an odor and is not laying smoothly so  I called Sleep Science and they were on the phone quickly explaining that the smell is due to the plastic wrap and the bumps are due to mattress being folded.  I was told that the smell should go away soon and the latex should level out as well.  It feels great.  I will spend about $100+ for a snug-fleece wool topper so that guests won't be too warm sleeping straight on the latex.  I've been sleeping  on another latex mattress and love, love, love it.  I purchased from Green Mattress co. a couple of years ago. Each latex layer was wrapped and it had a wonderful wool cover, no smell, and no lumps.  I didn't buy from them again because it would have been $500+ more for a Talalay latex made in USA and there's bad reviews out there about the company.  However, I think I'll wait to buy the wool cover to make sure foundation doesn't squeek, smell is gone, and no lumps. By the way, I did make the mistake of placing the master bedroom latex mattress on a foundation that wasn't prefectly level, so we've been sleeping on some 3/4" dips.  I just noticed this, so I'll be replacing our foundation with a perfecyly level side to side foundation.  That is why I bothered to buy Costco's own foundation.  Thanks again everyone and hope this mattress turns out well.
Reply #14 Apr 21, 2010 10:23 PM
inthepink wrote:

Read all previous threads on the all latex Costco mattress and never considered Sam's club. Thank you for all the information.  My Costco queen latex mattress and foundation arrived today and is meant for the guest room.  Delivery guys were great.  The mattress does have an odor and is not laying smoothly so  I called Sleep Science and they were on the phone quickly explaining that the smell is due to the plastic wrap and the bumps are due to mattress being folded.  I was told that the smell should go away soon and the latex should level out as well.  It feels great.  I will spend about $100+ for a snug-fleece wool topper so that guests won't be too warm sleeping straight on the latex.  I've been sleeping  on another latex mattress and love, love, love it.  I purchased from Green Mattress co. a couple of years ago. Each latex layer was wrapped and it had a wonderful wool cover, no smell, and no lumps.  I didn't buy from them again because it would have been $500+ more for a Talalay latex made in USA and there's bad reviews out there about the company.  However, I think I'll wait to buy the wool cover to make sure foundation doesn't squeek, smell is gone, and no lumps. By the way, I did make the mistake of placing the master bedroom latex mattress on a foundation that wasn't prefectly level, so we've been sleeping on some 3/4" dips.  I just noticed this, so I'll be replacing our foundation with a perfecyly level side to side foundation.  That is why I bothered to buy Costco's own foundation.  Thanks again everyone and hope this mattress turns out well.

I am sorry but I do understand this: "However, I think I'll wait to buy the wool cover to make sure foundation doesn't squeek, smell is gone, and no lumps"

How will a wool cover prevent squeaking of the foundation? I am confused. will wool cover help to get rid of smell and lumps? I am confused.

what are you putting you mattress foundation upon? I mean what kind of bed frame are you using?

Are you going to let the foundation stand on its legs and not use any bed frame and than put the mattress on top of the foundation?

Thank you many many times.

This message was modified Apr 21, 2010 by firstposter
Reply #15 Apr 21, 2010 10:53 PM
I'm sorry for the confusion.  I will keep the mattress only if the lumps, smell, and squeeks are gone.  I will wait a couple of days.  Then I will buy a wool mattress cover so that whoever sleeps on the mattress as the wool keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. 
Reply #16 Apr 21, 2010 11:49 PM
inthepink wrote:

I'm sorry for the confusion.  I will keep the mattress only if the lumps, smell, and squeeks are gone.  I will wait a couple of days.  Then I will buy a wool mattress cover so that whoever sleeps on the mattress as the wool keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter. 

Is your matress already squeaking? I am very confused now.

So How long do you have to wait for the lumps to be gone?

How long will it take for the smell to be gone?

I am worried now.

How are you storing your mattress and foundation now? I mean are they on your bed frame or somewhere else?

Are you not sleeping on it now?

Many many thanks friend.

Reply #17 Apr 22, 2010 2:04 PM
Update: no more smell, and still waiting for lumps to smooth out.  I'll check in again and let you know.  Since it's in the guest room I am not sleeping on he mattress, but it does feel great.
Reply #18 Apr 22, 2010 10:17 PM
Well, I am taking delivery on Tuesday :) yay

Recent Posts