tempurpedic on ebay?
Oct 18, 2010 5:01 PM
I was interested in getting a tempurpedic rhapsodybed and was wondering if anyone had any experience with any ebay sellers, or I suppose any place that sells tempurpedic below the MSRP. From what i have heard Tempurpedic regulates the pricing within the stores of their authorized retailers so it can be difficult to find deals on them. I have also read that there are fakes, factory variants, and blemishes floating around so I am being cautious.

On ebay I came across a seller "the_home_of_foam" who has 100% positive feedback, over 1700 transaction's over the past 4 years (seems like a fairly long and reputable track record to me). Anyone familiar with this seller?

Re: tempurpedic on ebay?
Reply #1 Oct 18, 2010 5:11 PM
If you're in Canada I have a Rhapsody for sale that is only 3 months old.
Reply #2 Oct 18, 2010 5:14 PM
Not familiar, but do you get the 90 day trial?  I would not buy without that feature.  Not sure how you would return.  You may want to ask them about all of that.
Reply #3 Oct 18, 2010 6:07 PM
sorry, not in Canada... live in New Jersey

that ebay seller offers the following: 30 day full money back return, and 90 day comfort exchange

Reply #4 Oct 18, 2010 6:22 PM
Brett19648 wrote:

sorry, not in Canada... live in New Jersey

that ebay seller offers the following: 30 day full money back return, and 90 day comfort exchange

Would you have to pay shipping both ways if you return?  That could be expensive.  Not sure how it works if you buy at a normal store.  Not sure if buying on ebay will affect your warranty as well.

Reply #5 Oct 18, 2010 8:41 PM
I asked him about that as well...

shipping on a return I have to pay for, but I believe it is split on a comfort exchange.

The tempurpedic factory warranty is not valid, but the person I emailed said there is a 25 year 100% coverage warranty provided by them through a 3rd party company called mattress marshal.

Reply #6 Oct 18, 2010 8:54 PM
Mattress marshall?

That's interesting considering they are the people who will come in to your house on behalf of various mattress companies, measure the depression in your mattress, and then typically provide the reason that your warranty claim is denied.

http://www.mattressmarshals.com/

Phoenix

Recent Posts