stearns and foster springbrook estate collection
May 14, 2011 3:03 PM
hello forum!!! ok that didnt work im hoping if you click on the blank picture it will take you to photobucket to see the surgery.....

This is a post i wanted to make on here because i just want people to know that this (new) bed that stearns and foster has had out for about a year now is good in some aspects and really bad in other areas of manufacturing there beds.

My wife and purchased the springbrook queen bed from stearns and foster for around 2300 and within three weeks we already were sagging down on our hips and waking up with severe lower back problems. the bed in the showroom felt as if it would be almost to firm that is why we bought it, because i figuered it would soften up and be perfect. NOT!

So we did what most people would call insane and performed mattress surgery on a 4 wek old mattress. i knew what was in the mattress buy the specs it came with:

Mattress Top Down
Quilt: High Loft Fiber; 1" Hypersoft, 1.5" x .5 Convoluted Hypersoft
Comfort Layers: 2" Infinilux with VRT Omalux;.75" Sense Align Smart Latex, Versare, 3" HD SuperSoft Foam, .75" Sense Align Smart Latex
Innerspring: Individually Wrapped Coil, IntelliCoil, 651x2 CD
Coil gauge 14.75
Edge System: 2.5" Foam Encasement; Base Insulator: Marvelux

Box Spring: LTD (TM)
Box Spring Height: 9" or Low Profile: 5 1/2"
Mattress Height: 16 3/4"

If you read all that is in this mattress the one that i was worried about..... and i told the salesman about.... was the 3" HD supersoft foam, well i hate it when im right. we took it apart and we found that the top quilt had the 1" and 1.5 " convoluted foam sewn into it. and it still felt really new and soft. under that was a 2" what they call omalux foam, and the best i can tell is it looked like a piece of 21 ild latex. under this was a 1 " piece of blue latex which is the same as what slab sells as their celsion latex and it had a sticker on it from Latex international. Under this was a 3 " piece of very soft soft foam and then the 1" blue latex again. we took all of these peices off and looked at the coil springs, and i have to say that the springs were very firm and all wrapped seperatly and were glued down very well.

We decided that the 3" supersoft foam would be replaced with a piece of 3" 24 ild latex, it fit like a glove and after putting it all back together the bed seems to be perfect. no more sagging in the middle and the perfect combination of softness and support. So here is our mattress surgery and what i would call what stearns and foster should of done when they built the mattress in the first place.

god bless and happy hunting for your ultimate sleep solutions!

if i could figue out how to place pictures on here i would :(

SC

This message was modified May 14, 2011 by saraya
Re: stearns and foster springbrook estate collection
Reply #2 May 14, 2011 11:18 PM
Saraya,  Thank you for sharing how you were able to fix the mattress to make it work for you.  Latex seems to hold its shape while regular foam seems to lose its shape in a short amount of time from my experience.  So glad you are both happy now with the mattress surgery.

Recent Posts