Soliciting feedback on Vi-Spring and Hypnos
Aug 23, 2010 3:11 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and have been digging into the archives on my research for my next mattress.  Both my fiance and I prefer the feel of spring mattress over latex and that's what we are considering at the moment.

So far, I have learned from here is to avoid the plush/pillow tops as they tend to break down over a relatively short time.  Also, the 3 "S" brands were not what they used to be.  I have also get to learned about lesser known brands like Vi-Spring and Hypnos.  These brands seem to be mythical and have no review at all anywhere.  Are there any owners here who would like to share their thoughts?

Re: Soliciting feedback on Vi-Spring and Hypnos
Reply #20 Sep 15, 2010 5:38 PM
sandman, is there a Carpe Diem dealership in your area?  They basically have a spring system very similar to the Hastens (both Swedish companies) but use a Talalay latex topper instead of the horsehair/cotton. I liked them better than the Hastens but to import one into Canada was just out of the question for my budget.
Reply #21 Sep 15, 2010 6:26 PM
DianeK wrote:

sandman, is there a Carpe Diem dealership in your area?  They basically have a spring system very similar to the Hastens (both Swedish companies) but use a Talalay latex topper instead of the horsehair/cotton. I liked them better than the Hastens but to import one into Canada was just out of the question for my budget.

Yes, they are nearby.  How is their pricing compared to Hastens?

Reply #22 Sep 15, 2010 7:24 PM
sandman wrote:

Yes, they are nearby.  How is their pricing compared to Hastens?

Comparable.  What I liked about them compared to Hastens was (1) a latex topper doesn't need to be massaged, (2) I think I reacted badly to horsehair the one night I slept on a Hastens.

I fell dead asleep for over an hour in the Conneticut showroom on a Carpe Diem, and as you know from my posts here, I haven't had a lot of success with latex yet their latex topper was just fine - maybe something to do with the spring system underneath??.

Reply #23 Oct 29, 2010 3:36 PM
I have owned a Hypnos Eminence for quite some time and love it ! It is the best bed I slept on, and before I purchased this bed 

I did extensive research on others ( hastens, Vi spring, natura, green sleep ) 

This is a well made product and has Royal warrants from the Queen to prove it ! 

we love ours !

Reply #24 Jul 13, 2015 12:42 AM
I bought a Vispring Masterpiece bed in 2006 and I have to say it is the best bed I have ever slept on. It envelopes your body and provides you with the most comfortable sleep you'll ever have. And this is coming from a woman who has 2 different forms of severe degenerative scoliosis as well as a large piece of my L4 vertibrae missing from an accident.

It is quite simply worth the money and if I ever choose to purchase another bed it will be another Masterpiece.
Reply #25 Jul 16, 2015 3:38 PM
I wonder if they are made the same way today.

Recent Posts