SnugFleece Elite instead of Dormeir + Visco?
Sep 13, 2010 4:59 PM
As mentioned in my SleepEZ 10,000 thread I am planning to add the Dormeir protector to my new mattress. I am also wanting to add a softer, plush top layer to tone down the springy latex surface... memory foam has been suggested.

What about using the SnugFleece Elite washable wool pad instead?

The 1.5" of wool should add a nice layer of breathable plushness and with it's thickness and absorbancy at least SOME measure of protection to the mattress, plus it's machine washable.

318.00 for the SnugFleece vs 200.00 for the Dormeir + ??? for the memory foam is going to be pretty close in price.

What is the downside to this?

This message was modified Sep 13, 2010 by Ganderson
Re: SnugFleece Elite instead of Dormeir + Visco?
Reply #1 Sep 13, 2010 5:36 PM
I tried one of the snugfleece washables,  and I ended up returning it.  It felt too much like carpeting for my taste.  I think part of that is based on they way the hook the wool to a polyester backing on the washable one.  I had wanted the regular one, but they were out of stock at the time.  I think I would have preferred the regular/original (non-washable) one, but I never tried.   Some others have like that one, and I believe that others have had the same impression of the carpet feel on the washable one.  I think someone also had a bad experience after washing it, so the washable feature may not be that great.

There are also wool filled toppers (in a cotton cover).   They add a little can add a little plushness, but since they mat down it is not the same a foam product.   Do you already have a wool filled cover on your sleepez?  I am not sure if that is thick enough to make much difference.

Maybe Budgy or someone else will have a view on a snugfleece type topper vs. wool filled topper vs. memory foam.

Re: SnugFleece Elite instead of Dormeir + Visco?
Reply #2 Sep 14, 2010 9:03 AM
My SleepEZ did come with their organic wool and cotton cover. It is a nice cover but isn't pillowy or really that soft at all.

Recent Posts