SleepEZ 13000
Jun 22, 2008 1:00 PM
My wife and I have been looking for a new mattress for sometime and after wandering through many stores and trying multiple kinds of mattresses, a latex mattress seems to be the most comfortable to us.  We saw the SleepEZ website and had the opportunity to stop by their store earlier in the week as we live in the Phoenix area.  The 13000 seemed to be the most comfortable with a soft, medium, firm, extra firm configuration.  Does anyone have one of these mattresses and if so how do you like it?  While SleepEZ seems to have the best price and are local for us, we're still experiencing sticker shock and would welcome your thoughts/insights.

Thanks,

Steve
Re: SleepEZ 13000
Reply #1 Jun 22, 2008 6:45 PM
Steve,

You can read my whole (long) story of my SleepEZ 13000 purchase here on the "old" forum...

http://legacy.whatsthebest-mattress.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1163735025/0

Jeff
Reply #2 Jun 22, 2008 7:21 PM
I have the FloBeds and I love my bed but I needed a little cushion on top so I ordered a 1" soft to medium topper from Bryant Homes and I am happy with this over a 39 ILD over a 36 ILD over a 46 ILD> I still wish my 36 ILD was a 38 ILD. My other side of the bed has the 1" topper over the 35 ILD over the 44 ILD over a 34 ILD.  The X-Firm 36 ILD seems to vary in averages of firmness and my back can feel the difference. I still wish to exchange one of the softer X-Firm ILD latex cores for a little bit firmer like I had it and was happy but I wanted a cleaner one since sometimes you get the water marks on them. I should have left my combination alone.  If I was not so petite at only 5 feet I may have liked the soft layer.   I did try the 39 ILD over the 44 ILD over the 46 ILD with the 1" topper and it was a little bit too firm.

Jim, I am glad you and your wife found the right combination to your SleepEZ 13000 bed. Thanks for sharing. I read the post you sent from the link to the archives and I guess you also learned that a given firmness varies in firmness so they are not all equal.  I like how Latex International has the averages and the testing on the side of the core but I love my Talalay Latex topper from Bryant (made by Dunlapo)  that had just about no smell when it arrived and is made very well despite no testing results on the side.  I like that I can fit the topper inside my mattress zippered cover.  I like having a latex bed but it took time to get it right.  I like having split layers to give me more combinations and I like having a zippered cover to see what is inside and to make the bed just right for me.

Reply #3 Jun 23, 2008 2:01 AM
Steve wrote:
My wife and I have been looking for a new mattress for sometime and after wandering through many stores and trying multiple kinds of mattresses, a latex mattress seems to be the most comfortable to us.  We saw the SleepEZ website and had the opportunity to stop by their store earlier in the week as we live in the Phoenix area.  The 13000 seemed to be the most comfortable with a soft, medium, firm, extra firm configuration.  Does anyone have one of these mattresses and if so how do you like it?  While SleepEZ seems to have the best price and are local for us, we're still experiencing sticker shock and would welcome your thoughts/insights.

Thanks,

Steve

I recently got the SleepEZ 10000, which is 3 layers vs the 4 layers in the 13000. I am still adjusting to the latex, but I was wondering why you felt you needed the 13000 vs the (cheaper) 10000, especially if you are feeling sticker shock? My understanding is that the 2 top layers take most of the weight and give most of the feel. The 3rd (& I guess 4th) layer would therefore be mostly for support. In other words, if you liked the soft / medium / firm / xfirm configuration on the 13000, wouldn't the 10000 feel about the same configured soft / med / xfirm???

Also, if you didnt see my thread "SleepEZ Dunlop Topper / Upgrade to Complete Mattress" you may want to check it out. You can buy just a topper to experiment / see what firmnesses you like, then upgrade to the full mattress for a discount...

Steve

This message was modified Jun 23, 2008 by st3v3k4hn
Reply #4 Jun 23, 2008 11:44 AM
Jeff,

Thanks for the link and the description of your search for the perfect layer configuration.  Now that it's been a year and a half since your made the purchase, would you buy the sleep ez 13000 again?  Someone else replied and suggested the 10000 for the value factor.  Do you think the 4th layer is worth the extra expense?

Steve
Reply #5 Jun 26, 2008 9:51 PM
Steve,
After a year and a half I am still very happy with my purchase and would recommend SleepEZ (and Shawn) highly.

Some days I wake up with a sore lower back but that happens just the same as when I sleep in my kids firm beds so I know it's not the mattress itself, but what I do to tweak my back during the day.

Regarding your question regarding the 4 layer (13000) VS the 3 layer (10000) I will say this...

I think 3 layers is more than enough as when I was playing with layer combinations, I purposely left out one layer for a couple nights sleep and felt no difference in comfort or support.
Also, when I purchased my 13000 series mattress, there was no price difference between the 100% Natural Talalay and the Talalay blended, so I opted for the 100% Natural.

Now there is a $200 upcharge so that's another option I would question.

I would say save your $$...go for the SleepEZ 10000 series in 65/35 blend Talalay and sleep even better knowing you saved your hard-earned dollars.

Jeff

Recent Posts